Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By OxtheBarber Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:18 pm
I have been an mpc user for over 10 years, but recently switched to 1000. I have the 3.0 installled but I have little experience using it. When I turn the mpc on, factory kits are loaded automatically. How do I either replace them with the kits I want or add them to the rotation?

By chilom Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:31 pm
use the new great autoload fonction Or replace the internal programs and sequences with the ones you want.

autoload can be found on the [LOAD] screen.

and replacing the internal factory programs can be achieved throught the [save]screen - switch to internal, erase, and save the wanted program. i think it also required a blank sequence (not sure).

By OxtheBarber Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:41 pm
thanx for the reply but i'm still confused. once i'm in the MAIN screen, how can i select a drum program from the hard drive to appear in the DRUM screen in the sequence? Will autoload load up every drum folder from the hard drive?

By chilom Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:33 pm
Will autoload load up every drum folder from the hard drive?

autoload will load the contents of a folder, the one you have carrefully selected.

if you have a blank sequence load, you will have to select on the track the desired program, because by default it goes with Program01 .

the mpc1K can hold 24 programs. and up to 128 mo of samples if you have the expension memory.

how can i select a drum program from the hard drive to appear in the DRUM screen in the sequence?

once the program is load on the mpc, trought the load menu or via autoload ( same thing just a usefull alias), on the [main] screen, go with the arrows to the program name at the bottom of the screen. with the wheel you can change the actual program of the track.