Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By orgo Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:39 pm
I don't understand that akai never thought about that... Every other similar machine like the roland yamaha su whatever, and of course every "real" sampler since the ensoniq mirage has a feature to smoothen loops by aplaing X-fades. I the peolple for JJ would add this kind of feature it would rock my world!
By orgo Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:12 pm
i realized just now, that JJ are basicly "just" converting all the 2500 os updates to the 1000... so I guess there is not much point in even posting requests....

By Henning Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:37 pm
thats why the 1k has 6 assignable outputs
just get a mixer and you got your crossfading feature ;)

By g4s Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:25 pm
Think you guys are talking about two different things. One - crossfade looping - is a technique used to smooth a samples loop points whereas the other - playing with the crossfader - is something DJs do with a mixer.

Agree though; crossfade looping woudd be welcomed on the MPC.

G4s

By Antonym Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:00 pm
why not just assign the sample you want crossfaded onto 2 pads, kick the decay up on the first and the attack AND decay up on the 2nd

turn time correct off, record. tap the first, and then hit the second for as long as you want the sustain
By orgo Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:20 pm
True, I do it just the way you described. But: real loop X-fades make it possible to build synth like instruments out of samples....

Antonym wrote:why not just assign the sample you want crossfaded onto 2 pads, kick the decay up on the first and the attack AND decay up on the 2nd

turn time correct off, record. tap the first, and then hit the second for as long as you want the sustain

By Antonym Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:02 pm
it would indeed be nice, wouldn't it? i wonder how hard it'd be to implement

By orgo Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:28 pm
Antonym wrote:it would indeed be nice, wouldn't it? i wonder how hard it'd be to implement

I have no clue... But this feature would make the MPC finally a "real" samper... I don't get why not even the mpc 4000 has this feature, even though it has all kinds of other stuff... Even the cheapest "yamaha remix whatever" has it...Sometimes I wonder if they have any peolple at akai that are actully interessted in the type of music we do, and how we do it... It's like with the "shift timing" option.... with the new os, and thanks to JJ it's finaly back. But how could they not put it in the original OS of the new machines? X-fading loop be definitly the next step in the mpc world...

By Antonym Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:09 am
X-fading loop be definitly the next step in the mpc world...

yeah pretty high on my list too.

By Lampdog Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:32 am
orgo wrote:I have no clue... But this feature would make the MPC finally a "real" samper..

Not even, but it'd still be a good feature. Do what Ant said and work around it. It's a good workaround and something I would have done if ever I needed that.

Gotta use your imagination.

By ONE Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:50 am
The MPC 4000 does have this feature, and I have used this feature a couple of times when I owned it. Akai have thought about and implemented this feature, but it's only on that one MPC.

By orgo Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:20 am
oh really... so this feature will probably stay 4000 only...

ONE wrote:The MPC 4000 does have this feature, and I have used this feature a couple of times when I owned it. Akai have thought about and implemented this feature, but it's only on that one MPC.

By distortedtekno Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:39 pm
orgo wrote:oh really... so this feature will probably stay 4000 only...

ONE wrote:The MPC 4000 does have this feature, and I have used this feature a couple of times when I owned it. Akai have thought about and implemented this feature, but it's only on that one MPC.

since the 4000 is a full fledge sampler, it would only remain on there (and possibly whatever replacement they have planned for the 4000 in the future).
Otherwise, you'll see it on just about every Akai rackmount sampler, including the s950.

By orgo Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:48 pm
Otherwise, you'll see it on just about every Akai rackmount sampler, including the s950.[/quote]

yeah.. exactly this amases me since I bought my first mpc 2000... It`s such basic feature for samplers, why not put in in a mpc?
Ok the 60 was really meant for drums and short sound chunks , but ever since the 3000, or at least the 2000....

cheers