Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By K-bot Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:31 am
How about when direct recording you can pre-define the time, or number of bars to record. So if I tell it to record for 2 bars, and I am working with a 2 bar loop already, it just drops it in like I overdubbed.

This is the only feature that is hlding me back from using the MPC like a boss loops pedal when I dj.

here is just some random example I searched on youtube for to help you guys understand:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g14O9RafXJ0

Problem I have now is after I record a loop, it stops playing and comes up with a screen asking if I want to truncate, or keep the new number of bars when I go over. If anyone sees a way to do this as is, please let me know, otherwise to the best of my knowledge, this would take some software manipulation...

By Lampdog Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:43 am
"it just drops it in like I overdubbed. "

This can also be called "punching in".

By K-bot Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:18 pm
Ya, that is what I have been doing, and it work when you are recording midi or pads how I need it too, but when direct recording before you can get the sample to loop over what you are doing it eitheer

a-WHEN YOU GO OVER THE NUMBER OF BARS: comes up with a menu asking if you want to change the bars to the ammount recorded, or truncate it.

b-WHEN YOU ARE UNDER OR RIGHT ON THE NUMBER OF BARS: It does noting as far as I can tell, and after playing around with it for a miute it gives fe the first screen but says some numer like 30 bars, since it has been going for a while.

Aslo, I cant hear it unlesss the record or overdub button is pushed down, and using unput through makes it stutter one noises over and over, even when I turn everything off, until I reboot.

I guess The mpc just cant do what I want, but it would be an awesome bonus to have it act like a loop pedal, since all the elements are there: sampler, footswitches, looping.... I just like to have to take as little gear as possible, the simpler setup the better for playing live, and I know alot of musicians who use mpc's to play guitar along with or whatever ever who would love to have it be a loop pedal...