Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

By cre8tive Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:53 pm
at least 5g's min. Numark will pay him as work for hire or file a lawsuit for cracking and manipulating, and making a profit off their software without their consent.

By Antonym Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:16 pm
hahah "THEIR" software

By SonicLabsAudio Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:55 pm
I doubt he gets hit with any court type shit , i mean jj would have the support of alot of mpc users behind him. Plus he probally knows karata :lol:

By RundFyrkant Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:08 pm
it will spread like any old application over the web and there surely won't be much profit on the OS itself, selling it to users.
that is if akai don't buy the OS and make it a standard.
producing and selling proper documentation for it probably generates more $ in the long run.

By Antonym Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:09 pm
he will be getting 30 dollars from me.

hell, maybe 60, as i might buy a couple copies. just in case. :wink:

By MPC-Tutor Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:28 pm
As someone has suggested, it's an unfortunate fact that the moment the new OS is released, it will spread like wild fire over the entire internet, P2P, forums, emails, and any file sharing network - you name it, some idiot will post it up for free (or even try charging for it).

I have no idea how much money JJ will make (none of my business) but whatever you think it will be, try reducing it by 95%.

By the last one standing Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:30 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:As someone has suggested, it's an unfortunate fact that the moment the new OS is released, it will spread like wild fire over the entire internet, P2P, forums, emails, and any file sharing network - you name it, some idiot will post it up for free (or even try charging for it).

I have no idea how much money JJ will make (none of my business) but whatever you think it will be, try reducing it by 95%.

Pretty much. Happens all the time inless he has some type of way from allowing this to happen but if he does its one smart person out there who will figure how to crack into it still.

By SonicLabsAudio Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:35 pm
I still buy cds and vinyl so im all about artist support and i will be giving him my 30 bucks with ease. You probally know better than most about the psp movement tutor i see your stuff everywhere and it sucks. Im not going to front like i dont run limewire but sometimes you just need that 1 sample or accepalla you cant find anywhere. Plus i payed for limewire so im going to use it lol. I hope jj makes enugh to move to the us and start his own dojo and math tutoring service. :roll: just playing. hes going to open a sushi restruant.

By Antonym Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:47 pm
nah what basically i hope will happen
for his sake
is that he puts in an extensive "about this os" section within the mpc os itself.

so that even if it is cracked, people still know that it was the JJs who did this, which would possibly mean that he could get a job elsewhere/be hired to make further os's for other machines (2500?)

while they may not make a lot of money through this 0s, they could very well up their credibility and hero status. as discussed before, they could also very well get a job in akai. and should. these guys should be able to make livings off their skills as programmers and skills for convenience and sensibility that akai programmers seem to lack (or are too busy for).

By _Stilo_ Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:13 pm
Wait...he's going to sell it??

MPC-Tutor wrote:As someone has suggested, it's an unfortunate fact that the moment the new OS is released, it will spread like wild fire over the entire internet, P2P, forums, emails, and any file sharing network - you name it, some idiot will post it up for free (or even try charging for it).

There are ways of preventing this. He may, for example, program a hook into it that looks for the serial number of your machine, which you have to tell him with the order. Just an idea. Plenty of ways of copyright protection.

By Antonym Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:35 pm
but at some point it comes down to you unlocking the .bin file, putting it on a cf card, and finally loading it in the mpc

unless he comes up with further jenius and causes each os to only work on 1 mpc (or something similar) this will get pirated.

By _Stilo_ Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:41 pm
Antonym wrote:unless he comes up with further jenius and causes each os to only work on 1 mpc (or something similar) this will get pirated.

That's what I meant. If that's possible at all.

By SonicLabsAudio Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:12 pm
he will include a small explosive coded into the os and if pirated it will self destruct turning your mpc 1k into a dr 880. ask jwatta07 its true :?: :shock:

By IlikeMypocketsFat Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:12 pm
SonicLabsAudio wrote:he will include a small explosive coded into the os and if pirated it will self destruct turning your mpc 1k into a dr 880. ask jwatta07 its true :?: :shock:

ROFL