Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

By distortedtekno Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:21 pm
Unfortunately, Tutor is right. It's inevitable.

As long as it's solid for the money and customer support for updates is ongoing as needed, I support JJ all the way. I can't say the same for everything else out there, but if I ever run into any pirated JJ OS's or any pirated material that's sold from Tutor, I'll be sure to have it taken down. Now if Akai were to charge for an OS and it was pirated, they deserve it for being shady in the first place.

By Antonym Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:21 pm
Now if Akai were to charge for an OS and it was pirated, they deserve it for being shady in the first place.

i'd pirate akai faster than bad sex
By alpha80 Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:25 am
SonicLabsAudio wrote:When the new os 1.0 drops for the mpc 1k its 30.00 ( a great price ) i see alot of 1000 users here and in the tons of places all over the net how much do you think he will make on the os? 5,000 - 10,000 more?

JJ will sell his OS to 1/4 - 1/3 of ALL MPC 1000 owners.
Since I have no idea what the sales numers are, I can't make a $$$ guess.

It'll be more than ample, for the coding time/work he put in.
Anyone who codes(SonicLabs ?? ???)...other forum heads...

Anybody who makes a 4000 OS will be saluted, although they won't make nearly as much loot, since there are fewer 4k users than 1k, obviously.

A bootleg 4000 OS could fetch $60 + ... :idea:

Get coding !!! :D
By MPC-Tutor Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:51 am
alpha80 wrote:JJ will sell his OS to 1/4 - 1/3 of ALL MPC 1000 owners.

That's MPC1000 owners who go online and actively hang out at online MPC communities (my estimate is that this is a small proportion of MPC1K owners).

To reach all MPC1000 owners, JJ will need to market offline, quite agressively. I also think that 50-75% of his online market will try their best to get the OS for free from whatever source they can.

I also suspect that Nukai will not necessarily let this one pass, especially if it moves beyond small online communities - I can't believe there's no copyright and IP issues involved with all this.

By cre8tive Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:02 am
Like I stated--Numark will either work with him and he'll make some more $.

Or they will SHUT HIM DOWN--website, confiscate his computer, cut off his lights at home/water/gas/electricity--plus make him pay them a HIGH PERCENTAGE for every download that someone paid for.

By RealWorldDealings Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:05 am
who is JJ???

By cre8tive Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:09 am

By RealWorldDealings Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:17 am
cre8tive wrote:Image

lmao...

By Cap_Ill Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:15 pm
cre8tive wrote:at least 5g's min. Numark will pay him as work for hire or file a lawsuit for cracking and manipulating, and making a profit off their software without their consent.

who is that chick with her mutant tongue sticking out?

By djdsk Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:20 pm
I hope her makes a lot 30 dollars is a real fair price , the os is amazing ill definately pay for it .

By distortedtekno Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:30 pm
I have a feeling that it's gonna be a while before anything would happen, if Nukai plan on taking any kind of action with JJ. There's too many financial risks involved that could backfire on them. So JJ's OS will continue for quite some time. We need to look out for JJ. He's got our best interest in mind, where Akai is only concerned about cutting corners and making profits. I'd be amazed if they can prove otherwise, but i highly doubt it.

By SonicLabsAudio Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:32 pm
And as stated earlier jj is a martial arts expert and has deep ties with the wu-tang clan ( odb rest in peace ) so as you put it Nukai better watch out.

By chilom Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:34 pm
with only 30 $, maybe is he just raising funds for his lawyers :p

By SonicLabsAudio Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:44 pm
if you happen to run across the rza's discography i want to see all the films he has been working on lately and google is turning up nada lot.