Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Dabblerobb Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:19 am
I can't figure out how to do this can someone help me out? I did it when os 2.1 came out but can't remember. Thanks is advance

By Henning Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:33 am
connect the mpc to your computer press mode-load, then select usb. then just drag and drop the .bin file

By Dabblerobb Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:58 am
I tried that.....didn't work i downloaded it with mozilla firefox and it says open or remove i tried to open it but it says i need a certain program to open it

By Henning Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:49 pm
so let me get this straight, the problem has nothing to do with the mpc but its something only involving your pc?
if so, let me describe the way you download the file:
right click the link on jj's page, then choose save target as... and then choose your desktop.
By grinchmob Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:51 pm
Dabblerobb wrote:I can't figure out how to do this can someone help me out? I did it when os 2.1 came out but can't remember. Thanks is advance

Get a card reader.

By stan steez Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:24 pm
First SAVE the File on your Computer. Then Move it on yor CF Card or HD in your MPC.

PS: with the new OS you can make the Update without turning off your MPC. Just go to the load-screen and select the .bin File from the sample-browser... but this only works if you already got an earlier version of JJ's OS on it. I didn't test this upgrade method on the AKAI Versions... But I guess this won't work if you are upgrading from AKAI's 2.1 to JJ's 3.05.
So you still need to do it the old-school way like its described in the Documentation...

By Dabblerobb Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:13 am
I was able to get it on my cf card. I shut it down started it up holding window the record. Wouldn't work. Can anyone hook me up with an earlier os? That way i can upgrade to 3.05. I am using 2.1 right now. I didn't have the internet for a while at home thats why i don't have the earlier jj os's

By distortedtekno Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:22 am
Dabblerobb wrote:I was able to get it on my cf card. I shut it down started it up holding window the record. Wouldn't work. Can anyone hook me up with an earlier os? That way i can upgrade to 3.05. I am using 2.1 right now. I didn't have the internet for a while at home thats why i don't have the earlier jj os's

hold the window button until it prompts you to press the record button. THEN press record.
btw, you dont need an earlier beta in order to upgarde to 3.05. Grinchmob went straight from 2.1 with no problems, from what I understand.

By Dabblerobb Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:53 am
thank you i will try this when i get home from work

By distortedtekno Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:09 pm
no problem. just make sure you don't have any other OS on your CF card, and you'll be straight.

By Dabblerobb Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:13 am
I do have the 2.1 os on my cf card. I cannot get 3.05 to load. any help?

By **valentin** Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:32 pm
i went from 2.1 to 3.5 with no problem, and also i didnt even hook it up to the computer, just throw it to your CF card and take it to your mpc

By Dabblerobb Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:41 am
Ok...I have it on my cf card I go to start up the mpc holding down windows. It starts and says a correct os file was not found. current os will start after 5 secs

By paused Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:18 am
MPC 1000 V2.10 update procedure
***** BEFORE YOU BEGIN! ****
After upgrading, it may be necessary to format your internal hard drive.
Please make sure to back up all contents of the internal hard drive
BEFORE upgrading the OS

-----
How to copy OS bin file to CF with MPC1000 and Computer
Required Equipment: Compact Flash (CF), USB mass storage class supported computer (Windows XP/ME/2000 or Mac OSX, OS9.x)
1. Download the MPC1000 OS from our website to your computer
2. Your browser should automatically unzip the file and you should have a file called MPC1000.BIN on your computer
3. Insert Compact Flash into MPC1000
4. Switch the MPC1000 on
5. Go Load mode, then press USB (F4)
6. Connect a USB cable between PC to MPC1000 (display will change from ‘Status=Not Connected’ to ‘Status=Connected’)
7. PC will mount the CF card of the MPC1000 as a drive on your computer
8. Copy (drag) OS .bin file on to the CF
9. Once the file has been copied, disconnect the USB cable

------
How to update MPC1000
1. Insert CF with OS data into MPC1000
2. Turn the power on while pressing down the WINDOW button
3. Press the REC button- the MPC1000 will start processing the update and will then re-boot automatically with the new OS

***** IMPORTANT NOTE *****
DO NOT SWITCH OFF THE MPC1000 WHILST IT IS UPDATING THE OS!

http://www.akaipro.com/software/OS/MPC1 ... PC1000.txt

if that isn't working, then I would mabey try to redownload the file, or try a new cf card..

By Dabblerobb Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:36 am
I tried to do that step by step...still didn't work. I reformatted my cf card downloaded it again. Put it back on the cf card. Still nothing. It keeps going back to 2.1