Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Stokes Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:11 pm
Hi everyone and JJ,

I love the new grid edit on 3.05 but there's an issue that would be cool to implement. If you are sequencing a chord progression from a keyboard, the grid edit shows the notes as they are assigned to the pads. So, a chord that would look like:

_
_
_

as it lies on the keyboard ends up looking like this in the mpc:

_

_
_

with the notes actually mixed up because of the pad layouts. Could there be a way to switch the grid between keyboard mode and pad mode? This would make editing chords a breeze. Or, perhaps, if you have the track set to MIDI and the program off, the mpc automatically shows the notes landing as they would on the keyboard.

Thanks so much,

Saul

By Antonym Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:54 pm
maybe i am misunderstanding you
but couldn't you just set up your program to be chromatic in program? wouldn't that do what you're talking about?

By Stokes Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:32 am
I was just looking at the 1.0 images he posted and he shows how you will be able to actually zoom in and out in the grid mode so that you can see the entire keybaord. This is pretty much what I was wondering about.