Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By SELFISH1 Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:54 pm
On the new OS, will there be the ability to mute out chunks of a sample regardless of start and end time of a sample within a sequence? For example, If you have a sample that is a 2 bar loop and you want to mute out the 1 and 2 on the 2nd bar and bring it back in for the 3 and 4 so the 1st bar plays thru and the 2nd bar drops out for 2 measures but comes back fore 3 and 4. as we all know, if you do this now you once you mute out the sample it wont come back in until the sample is re triggered at the beggining. thought i heard this was possible, just confirming. :?:

By kja Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:41 pm
when u use the track mutes now they dont wait for the next one... it just mutes over the sample... so recordable track mutes r the same thing.. just record a mute over the sample. i think ur referring to erase function.

By Sander Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:53 pm
That would be volume mute instead of track mute. It would be a nice feature.
I guess it would be possible to include such a function. For example that in the track mute screen you have to hold shift and hit the pad.

The same effect as using the mute fuction with midi data. It's a nice feature because you can also can create new kinds of melodies by playing with volume mutes.