Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By rabulisten Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:10 am
sorry if this have been brought up before.i checked thru jj and around here but couldnt find anything. Anyway... has there been any alterations on the audio outs with the os3? Specifically if i assign stuff to channel 12 and 34 do the main out go silent as it was with the akai os? Would be cool if a update made it possible to have the main out as 56. Cheers

im at work so cant try it right now

By gunmetal Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:27 am
what do u mean?

do you have a mixer?

By gunmetal Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:39 am
b cuz it (the main out) shouldnt go out like that i hope yo mpc aint busted if so you may have to take that beatbox back cuz :cry: sorry...but on a good note! with the new os... u can assign sounds mono instead of stereo. ex: instead of 12, 34. u can have the pads going out like 1,2,3,4. u feel me? so if u hard pan the stereo out left and right you can have 6 assign outs which is awesome when u use mixers and multitrack recorders. (the analog way.) :D

By rabulisten Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:06 am
no my mpc aint busted.but i dont get why it cant go out like that. :? and yes i have a mixer. i was wondering if the os3 enabled the main outs to act like asignable out 56. but iguess i can work around it like you said.

By idralt Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:39 pm
I think what he's saying is, rather than having the 4 assignable outputs, and then doing something with the main stereo outs in order to get tracks 5 and 6 out (ie hard panning left and right), is there a way JJ can make it so that the stereo main out acts as individual assignable outputs for tracks 5 and 6 (similar to the other 4). Basically, can the new OS change the number of assignable outputs from 4 to 6 by utilizing the main stereo outs and having them act as 2 more assignable mono outs?

By animalcub Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:12 pm
idralt wrote:I think what he's saying is, rather than having the 4 assignable outputs, and then doing something with the main stereo outs in order to get tracks 5 and 6 out (ie hard panning left and right), is there a way JJ can make it so that the stereo main out acts as individual assignable outputs for tracks 5 and 6 (similar to the other 4). Basically, can the new OS change the number of assignable outputs from 4 to 6 by utilizing the main stereo outs and having them act as 2 more assignable mono outs?

This feature would be sick!!