Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Shylock Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:14 pm
my CF drive has been broken for a long time now (ive tried time and time again to get a replacement but the one company in the uk that services mpcs seems pretty clueless), but it hasnt really bothered me at all seeing as i have a HD installed

is there any way to install OS3 without using the CF drive?
By StonesThrow Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:56 pm
Shylock wrote:my CF drive has been broken for a long time now (ive tried time and time again to get a replacement but the one company in the uk that services mpcs seems pretty clueless), but it hasnt really bothered me at all seeing as i have a HD installed

is there any way to install OS3 without using the CF drive?

have you tried putting it on the HD? i dont see why that wouldn't work

By Shylock Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:29 pm
ahh - it wont work if you try and do it by turning on the mpc with window' held down, but it did work when i put it onto the HD, then went to load, and pressed 'do it' when the bin file was highlighted

safe

By Backpacker Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:33 pm
Shylock wrote:ahh - it wont work if you try and do it by turning on the mpc with window' held down, but it did work when i put it onto the HD, then went to load, and pressed 'do it' when the bin file was highlighted

safe

Hey man! I have broken Memory Card Slot too! I found this one:

http://www.addonics.com/products/flash_ ... adsacf.asp

I haven't bought ir yet but it seems to fit! Maybe check it out!

By Shylock Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:00 pm
nah man - that wont work. the circuit board with the cf drive attached to it is also attached to the headphone jack and footswitches.

unless you want to do some hardcore micro-soldering i dont think the cf drive can be replaced without buying a new circuit board from akai

By Backpacker Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:29 pm
Shylock wrote:nah man - that wont work. the circuit board with the cf drive attached to it is also attached to the headphone jack and footswitches.

unless you want to do some hardcore micro-soldering i dont think the cf drive can be replaced without buying a new circuit board from akai

Yeah, you're right! I opened my MPC and saw that system! Do you know where to buy that circiut board?? I contacted some AKAI dealers but they seemed to be clueless! Maybe there is a special, hidden place where I can get such things!

By Shylock Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:34 pm
i live in the uk - and theres only one place i know of over here - but they were pretty confused as to what the part i wanted was - werent very helpful,

dont know about the US