Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By le rat Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:24 pm
hi guys ! i'm used to saving by overwriting the autoload replacing the same file. that's the way i do since os 2.10 but with jj's OS i got directory error, system error and autoload in autoload bug and worse : when i want to transfer to my pc a 37mo project it takes approximately 18 "windows" minute.
hence here is my question : what is the best way for saving with jj's OS?
i'd like the possibility to save entire memory and to create a new folder at the same time.
thx

By le rat Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:37 am
just tried to make a beat yesterday,
even i saved the entire memory half of the samples disappeared...

a friend who owns a 2500 told me since they got the new os the problem of saving was over.
hope JJ will do copy and paste that soon !

By gunmetal Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:10 am
Yo, i have an hard drive (toshiba gax 40gb) installed and what i had to do stop my mpc from freezing while saving to the hard drive (yo it was stuck on the wait screen and it never did this with the wakai 2.10 os only the jj 3.05) so i had to save all the info to my pc via usb and reformat the hard drive. after reformating i put all the UNCORRUPTED data back into the hard drive and i never had a problem with saving since :) . but ever since version 1.07 i ve been saving my beats like this: i make a new folder (.....take the time to name it!......), save all programs and samples, save all seq and songs.... or the best seq of the lot into the new folder, and wammo! no problems.... just upload the folder 8) but eversince i first got my 1k back in '04. ive always had troubles saving with the entire memory. you gotta make sure that for 1: your memory cards/ hard drives are formated and bugless when you switch the os ( so when ver 1.0 drops backup everything to your pc and reformat everything) and 2: that when you make your programs and samples that you label them instead of sample 1, sample 2, program 1, program 2, etc. that basicly confuses the directory a bit when you save the entire project or autoload projects (which i stoped doing) and you can lose alot of programs and samples :evil: trust me i been thru alot of heartache with this beatbox. i hope my method of saving helps you in making beats non-stop without worrying about crashes :wink:

By le rat Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:47 am
thanks for your help !