Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By MPC Fanatic Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:44 am
I haven't posted here in years. However, I would like to personally thank JJ for what he's already done and what he is continuing to do. Personally, track mute recording is my most needed feature. I've been waiting on this for a long while and it may finally come into existence. This will get me working on my mpc just as frequently as I was when I first owned it. I haven't touched it or even thought about it for a minute. I found other efficient ways to make my tracks and left this machine old and dusty. But this will change it all. I appreciate your hard work and dedication JJ.......1

By Antonym Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:02 am
see i've never used trackmutes, ever

and the thing i'd have a probelm with is this - what ify ou wanted your "mute'" to allow a decay on whatever is getting muted so it's not just a sudden CUT but rather a more organic drop?

that's why i think i'd always like to program in my "track mutes"

granted - i'm sure there will be instances when i will want a dirty cut and in that case, TM will be excellent. bring it on.

By 8bitsofdeath Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
antonym, thats how track mutes work now.

By Antonym Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:52 pm
i think you misunderstood.

you're saying track mutes allow for sample decay?

By lukas412 Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:57 pm
yeah they do actually. as long as you have it set to one shot it will always finish playing the sample.

By Antonym Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:54 pm
as long as you have it on oneshot, though. that's not what i'm talking about.

By lukas412 Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:40 am
my bad it does work both ways. one shot or note on.

By Antonym Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:45 pm
i guess i'll have to wait and see if it will be useful to me. maybe it's just the school of thought i come from
(pre 2.1 mpc1000 os) but i'd rather just program "mutes."

we will see!

however, what's erally cool is that i could work both ways now because jj is implementing an "all" pad selection into the qlinks - which means i could set it to volume and record in a drop when i want it to mute. this is cool because you can make it drop or fade in mid sample!

By lukas412 Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:57 pm
The All function for the sliders is gonna be amazing. I absolutley love having all of these options. Sometimes its just nice to be able to try something else when you get frustrated.

Luke

By solah Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:35 pm
I do it with my mixer using the assingble outs, but its annoying how teh effects do not get applied to them....I dont really need the track mutes the assign outs do the trick for me..

By Chulukinat Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:46 pm
i still dont get the track mure record function to work.... where do i do this?

By Antonym Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:52 pm
track mutes have not been implemented in 3.05

man, i wish i cared about schoolwork as much as i care about mpcs...i'm an english major and i cannot concentrate because i spend so much of my time pushing buttons.

By Backpacker Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:13 am
I got OS 3.05! On which OS is possible to make Track Mute Recording?? Is it going to be on OS 1.0?? Track Mute Recording would ease up my sequencing a lot! But on OS 3.05 I think it's not possible!