Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By naugie Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:00 pm
hey guys out of curiousity i downloaded the 3.0 os. i love the new zoom in and out features for the trim page much quicker i must say. but i noticed jj took out combine and devide, well divide is there but it etects the downbeat witch is a drag but i can easily move where the start marker needs to be anyways with the new zoom and out its so quick. um i havent found auto chromatic assignments yet its pretty nifty os anyone who hasnt checked it out should it could be what ur lookn for :)

By naugie Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:11 pm
damn jj took out the patch phrase tempo option out of the trim for a patch phrase. does this mean i have to recreate using original sound? thast lame

By naugie Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:00 pm
when i extract samples from a patch phrase in 3.05 it doesnt extract correctly from the regions. what it looks like it seems that the start points and end points shift over several samples. this is not accurate at all

By naugie Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:19 pm
when u go to erase mode and u try to erase one note well pretend its a kick well u cant erase that kick anymore u have to either erase it in pad or the classic step editor. thast a true drag man the erase feature and to delete sounds u want to delete is a must. the erase feature will be missed

By naugie Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:26 pm
naugie wrote:when u go to erase mode and u try to erase one note well pretend its a kick well u cant erase that kick anymore u have to either erase it in pad or the classic step editor. thast a true drag man the erase feature and to delete sounds u want to delete is a must. the erase feature will be missed

ok im a tard i had the track on midi de de de. erase feature is there..im right now experimenting on the grid edit so far so good its pretty cool how u can select and paste very nifty. is it quick? ohh hells ya :). i do have a question though about the patch phrase cause this really bugs me and im not seeing it as an option. go ahead and load up a phrase loop. patch phrase it and then go back to trim reload that patch pghrase in trim go to the top where u can edit its note value and tempo and all u see is a brand new window where it displays a list of all samples and note values but no tempo. what happened to the ability to change the tempo in the patch phrase?

By naugie Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:34 pm
damn this sucks grid edit (piano roll) dont allow u to use ur external sound module so midi is out of the question for grid mode. but it does record to classic step edit mode. looks like in grid edit mode theres gonna be an event editor thast pretty cool cant wait to see what thast gonna be like. auto chromatic assignments isnt in 3.05 yet. 16 levels doesnt show events in grid mode it just shows up as that one sound, for example if the sound u got selected in 16levels is pad5 in grid mode itll show just pad5 and however many times u taped it to tics. ull see what i mean. it be cool if 16levels though showed up in note values like piano roll in fruity but thats not the direction of grid mode in mpc. its strictly for drums u gotta remember ur pads arent chromatically alignd like abcdefg. instead its setup like gm bank drums so if u got a chromatic laid out program then i geuss itll show up in grid mode like fruityloops piano roll but i havent tried it out yet. i will later. grid mode ownz

By Antonym Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:52 pm
damn this sucks grid edit (piano roll) dont allow u to use ur external sound module so midi is out of the question for grid mode.

midi is shown in grid mode...change your pad banks, it's probbaly just not in pad bank A

By naugie Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:55 pm
sweet its the man himself sup mang, hey u know what jj is doin with the event window? looks like hes gonna add somthin there u got word on what it will be?

By Antonym Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:06 pm
i imagine it's just a viewing of selected events as if they were in grid edit - velocity, filter, postition, etc.

By naugie Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:09 pm
dude i jsut saw ur link that shit is sick tell me thats gonna get added?

By Antonym Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:15 pm
if i get my way, and if we're all lucky!