Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Chulukinat Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:30 am
i was like ZZZYEAAAH THEY FINALLY DID IT! when i noticed the autochop function was enabled in the latest O.S. but i was quick to be dissapointed again when i noticed you can only change one parameter unlike autochop on the 2500. i dont hear anybody about this... any chance JJ are gonna pimp it up to the 2500's possibilities of autochop?

By chilom Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:45 am
it seems to be improved and 2500 like in the comming new os. wait for the release tommorow

By Chulukinat Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:00 am
is it already there peoples?

By junky limbo Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:40 am
New OS 1 is there and the Auto Chop function is 2500-like (though I haven't touched a 2500 yet). I must admit that the auto chopping doesn't work as I would love it to work. Especially, since the samples are mono later on and the release of the samples sound horrible. For me this function is of no use at all. Sadly... :cry:

By Antonym Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:13 pm
release of percussive samples sounds fine. release of thicker samples is ok, but not great.

chopping is now in stereo though.

By ucacjbs Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:58 pm
junky limbo wrote:New OS 1 is there and the Auto Chop function is 2500-like (though I haven't touched a 2500 yet). I must admit that the auto chopping doesn't work as I would love it to work. Especially, since the samples are mono later on and the release of the samples sound horrible. For me this function is of no use at all. Sadly... :cry:

Well, if you don't like the release, try extending the release parameter (so you get a longer sample than you'd ideally like), and then use the amplitude envelope to make it sound nicer. Alternatively, you could move the auto-chopped slice end marker back a bit (lengthen the sample), set release to 0 and then use the amp. envelope.

By junky limbo Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:00 pm
O, I didn't know chopping is in stereo now. Wonderful.

My problem is, that I mainly chop samples from my old Jazz and Funk vinyls. They are thick in a way. If I use length 0, there are very audible pieces of silence at the end of each sample. If I set that parameter to something like 75 the samples become longer but with an added LFO-mod-sound. That sound is interesting as an effect but that's about it.

The problem with the envelopes is: if the samples are too short, there is nothing to use the envelope on. I guess this sound thing is simply due to the algorhythm. I got to live with it or don't use it. The thinner the sample the better the results. Espcially, when you chop loops, you made with the MPC itself.