Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By elektrik_muz Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:41 pm
The JJ crowd are really kickin' a with the updates so we might as well put 'em all together so we can confirm...

I already submitted a JJ report for my 'ol pet peeve -- this one was already confirmed in 3.05 just after the bug reporter closed down but I'm still gettin' it:

OS v1.02

STOP 3x midi bug:

1. Connect external midi module to MPC MIDI OUT.
2. POWER ON all devices, set external midi module to recieve PROGRAM CHANGE.
3. Press STOP 3 times -- all connected synths revert to program 1.
4. The offending PROGRAM CHANGE message cannot be seen on a midi monior (at least, not mine) and there is no way to turn this off.

By elektrik_muz Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:56 pm
O.K. cool, anybody who sees this can just take 'em over there.

By Antonym Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:20 am
either or - the more we know the better this os will be.

By elektrik_muz Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:03 am
OK I found something new but my reg isn't confirmed over there yet so --

Is anybody else having problems with RANDOM midi program changes?

I've been doing some stuff here on the comp with the gear turned on next to me and after a few minutes warm up the MPC is starting to spazz out and throw the evolver all over the place (program change wise). I've never seen it do this before the New OS. It *seems* to be confined to the selected track. The PGM field is set to "No.(x)" and the program change send is active. This is a little diffrent than the "Stop 3x" bug because that bug occours even if you don't set up any midi or program change sends.

I just noticed this so I may be missing something. I'll keep dorking with it but this is pretty serious -- I'm going to have to go back to JJ 3.05 or (horrors) Akai 2.1 if this keeps up.

I really hope the JJ crew have been able to get ahold of the external gear they need to fully test the 1000's I/O (ie midi, spdif) or they aren't going to be able to troubleshoot these types of problems.

By waldog Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:42 am
Antonym wrote:http://recollectivent.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8574#8574

That forum wont activate my account.

By arondbeats Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:39 am
i havent got accepted yet so if some one can post this bug, that would be great . when i changed from analog to stereo outs, and input through both of those time it stopped the sound. i couldnt hear anything. i had to turn it off and on again. has anyone had this problem?

By jeyuchoi Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:36 am
i've had the same problem with 1.00, no audio coming out.
first time this happened to me was when i made a backup of the data i had on my c/f card> went back to the main menu, played the seq no audio, the pads wouldnt work either. i still could see the samples in the trim menu tho. 2nd time was when i mounted the usb back & forth, loading data just like i used to do on version 3.05, suddenly no signal. am i doin something wrong here?

By le rat Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:30 pm
tried to made another beat and got problems.
firstly a system error after renaming a folder, lots of my folder and files disapeared => solution = format again.
secondly, tried to create a new program and got two programs :
one instead of OFF with layers level at 70 70 70 70 which i couldn't delete and another at the end of the list, both with no sound coming out.
in the main screen it was displayed as it didn't exist with a "?".
that's all for the moment.

By le rat Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:03 pm
also small bugs when pushing window over a sample name in trim mode, when deleting the last sample of the list the first one appeared.
in slice mode zoom in doesn't work when moving the cursor to end.

By aflo Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:38 pm
Old AKAI OS behavior:
When playing a Pad and hitting [TRIM] on the AKAI OS, the trim screen would pull up the sample of whatever pad was just played.

NEW JJ OS behavior:
Now the only way you can get it to do that is hit [PROGRAM], hit the pad you would like then hit [TRIM].

By naugie Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:52 pm
yo yo guys.. thats quick another os lol :) hey who here is close with jj i got a request its small but if he has other plans for pp then ill wait. but ya my question is can u guys drop a word that u cant change pp tempo. tell him that u could in os2.1 thats my only bug report

By le rat Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:16 pm
with os 1.4 got .prj files corrupted transfering by usb. lost my seqs and songs too.