Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By rabulisten Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:21 pm
i may be far out here but it seems that after installing 3.05 my mpc got some serious polyhony problems. An example i got this alchemist kit. nothing to fancy but when i try to do a seq it fails on me. I could be for instance laying to hihats and the try to get a kick in there. This is when ish hits the fan. Either the hihats get cut out or the kick.I really dont even have to record a seq becuse just trying to get the kicks when seq is playing has the same issue. Sometimes the problem just disapppears. However this problem is pretty much reoccuring regardless of its a sample i chopped meself or a downloaded kit. Is this jjs os fault or am i missing the big pic.Thanks for anyhelp.

By Antonym Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:26 pm
no polyphony issues here

By aflo Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:28 pm
Try going into the [PROGRAM] and changing it from mono to poly.

By rabulisten Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:32 pm
none whatsoever? whats the deal here then? the problems occur with 2.10 as well. i am quite aware of muting and stuff but this doesnt seem to have to do with it. is it possibly hardware malfunction?

By rabulisten Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:35 pm
aflo wrote:Try going into the [PROGRAM] and changing it from mono to poly.

that seems to be workin. however ... i dont recall this occuring before. is "mono" default or was it introduced later on?

admin can remove this topic .can believe i missed that bit. .i guess i should rtfm.

By aflo Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:50 pm
I dunno about your alchemist program but I know when you chop a sample, it's defaulted to mono. Took me a few minutes to figure out as well after the 2.1 update.

By littlerob Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:52 pm
now im on just v. 1.0. i built a drum break by making my own program (i.e by recording already chopped drums, and not making a new program by chopping a sampled break) so my new program by default is 'poly'. then on a seperate program, i loaded a 4-bar sample on to track 2 (track 1 was for my drums) and added it to trigger on the first beat of bar 1 just so i could work out the bpm of the sample before i chopped the 4 bar sample up. now when the 4 bar sample was solo'd, everything looped fine, and i was able to work out the bpm. but when i unsolo'd track 2 so i could hear what my drums sounded like over it, the 4-bar sample would cut out after bar 1. this made no sense to me, so i chopped up the 4-bar sample then sequenced the chops in order and the samples didnt cut out at all. so to summarise, long samples seem to drop when there are other tracks going on. its pos that im doing something wrong, but its weird that the long sample would play fine in solo mode, but when with other tracks it would always cut out perfectly on the second bar....but when the sample was chopped, and played in order there wass no problem. does this sound like a bug?

i should really update my version, but as i go travelling for 6 months on sunday theres no point buying this os until i return.

edit:
sorry i should hav started a new topic, i pressed reply instead of new thread. its kinda related

By Antonym Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:02 pm
jj needs to implement a polyphony use detector to show you how much you're currently using.

By naugie Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:20 pm
dude that be sick nym lol i said that in my brain longtime ago last year when i got my mpc. yes thats a must...

By Mpc1kallday Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:24 am
i just installed 3.05 works good so fare