Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By stan steez Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
With the new release of JJ's OS (v. 4.26) it's possible to use customized Splashscreens. To do so, create a file with the following specs with a picture editor of your choice:

NOTE: This feature is not supported by previous JJ OS builds!

File Name: "MPC1000.bmp" (> a must)
Size: 240Wx64H. (Pixels not Inches!)
Color: Monochrome. (Bitmap, 1 bit)

Here is the sample from JJ's Site: http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/mpc1000.bmp (You can use this as a template and just put different content in it)

:::Photoshop How To:

Check out this nice Tutorial viewtopic.php?p=1081247#p1081247

PEACE
Last edited by stan steez on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:41 am, edited 24 times in total.

By chilom Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:55 pm
any of the above files works for you ?
have to tired to put the filename in CAPSlock including the extension .BMP

By stan steez Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:06 pm
Yes. I tried UPPER CASES, your files, mine... I still get the same old look: displaying version no. and build date. no splash...

NOW I found a solution: CF CARD WORKS, HDD doesn't!

By deranger Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:11 pm
The bmp must be two-color type. Check in your paint program, and change color depth to black/white (two colours, not greyscale!)

Stan - did you upgrade to 4.26? ;)

By volo Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:02 pm
Anybody got a webspace that they could share some hosting?

By Antonym Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:07 pm
yes indeed
send all to

a
s
c
a
i
f
e

at

gmu.edu

By Rise of EPC Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:31 pm
stan steez wrote:Yes. I tried UPPER CASES, your files, mine... I still get the same old look: displaying version no. and build date. no splash...

my Hdd works.. so does my flash.. gotta be in the top of the directory.

By distortedtekno Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:45 pm
Rise of EPC wrote:
stan steez wrote:Yes. I tried UPPER CASES, your files, mine... I still get the same old look: displaying version no. and build date. no splash...

my Hdd works.. so does my flash.. gotta be in the top of the directory.

yeah, that would be the root directory (don't place it in any folders), to avoid any confusion. 8)

By volo Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:02 pm
hmm, I can't make these images made in photoshop, (the 1bit bitmaps do not load, and are consider "photoshop bitmaps). I'm guessing you need windows bitmaps, and I dont have paint on my mac...any ideas for hot to convert to these images?

By stan steez Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:39 pm
volo wrote:hmm, I can't make these images made in photoshop, (the 1bit bitmaps do not load, and are consider "photoshop bitmaps). I'm guessing you need windows bitmaps, and I dont have paint on my mac...any ideas for hot to convert to these images?

No, it works with PS! I did mine with it it and it is working

By volo Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:44 pm
stan steez wrote:No, it works with PS! I did mine with it it and it is working

What procedure did you use Stan?

The bmps I make are 44K and all of yours are 4K...