Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Pastor-of-Muppets Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:51 am
basophof wrote:Any way to do this in adobe illustrator? really really dig this idea, but i suck at photoshop!

all you need is a BMP file. if you draw something in Illustrator and export to the right format it will work fine. just export/convert/save to the right format.
By ThobRom Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:49 pm
@ elenel,
pretty snazzy.

I haven't tried painting anything yet but I found infranview to be easy and handy for converting, reducing, cutting and resizing existing images into a bootable screen.
By sciguy Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:15 pm
I prefer the hand-drawn pixel art method. :-D

here's an updated version of my splash screen, I think I posted an older version earlier in this thread:

(not the actual file I put on my mpc, I scaled this one up for viewing and inverted the colors, the mpc for some reason inverts the picture you put on it)
By ThobRom Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:49 pm
Elenel wrote:That's what i did, on photofiltre. Just reducing those pics and text, then convert it to a monochrome 1bit .bmp

Exactly.

It looks really good the way you did it.

(I thought you painted it.)

It ends up looking similar to pixel or asci art.

You can reduce a photo down into a nice pixel art-esque bootscreen.

If you're careful about the steps.

BTW: Thats some nice work sciguy.

Vintage!

Da funk.

EDIT:
That says beefinator doesn't it.
I'm checking out that soundcloud for the last week and I'm utterly impressed.
By sciguy Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:22 am
Thinkin it's getting time that I make myself a new splash screen - based off of the pic that's currently my sig.