Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

By Putter Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:13 am
I RTFM & the ish still does not work. I used the template, ish still did not work. I even have 4.27, so what gives? I put it in the root directory with the correct name "mpc1000.bmp", still no spalsh! Anyone with some good advice or how to's regarding this feature???? :? :? :shock: :wink:

By Tchenn Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:35 pm
volo wrote:
stan steez wrote:No, it works with PS! I did mine with it it and it is working

What procedure did you use Stan?

The bmps I make are 44K and all of yours are 4K...

Open the bmp in MS Paint (this silly useless soft) and save as monochrome BMP. It should work.

By alien_brain Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:29 pm

Last edited by alien_brain on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Antonym Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:28 pm
wow! those are cool

By Putter Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:10 am
alien_brain wrote:Image

AB- Have these all worked for you? If so, great. i'm still not having any luck with the whole splash screen thing! :? :shock:

By alien_brain Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:29 am
well the problem is that photobucket turns them all into jpg

basically you should take one that someone else made and clear it and customize it. then put it in the root of your media card or hard drive, depending on what you keep in there and voila it should display. oh, and you need to name it 'mpc1000.bmp'

By Tchenn Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:50 am
A really cool thing would be to load the splashscreen froml the internal memory : it would be an efficient way to proof the machine is yours in case of rob.

By therodog Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:26 pm
ah its that boy thero, i had a ruff time getting my splashscreen to work. But like a kept trying different ways but eventually this is what work for me. 1 you most set up your file with the rite specs 240w64h and 96psi 1 bit color. than after you create what you wont you must save for web if you have photoshop, when you get to that set up screen make sure your color count is two & the colors are black and white. In this same setup screen make sure you take of the transperancy and save as a GIF. Then if you have windows paint open up that than just save as a 1bit bitmp. with a file name MPC1000. Yo i know thats a lot of steps but believe me if u where pulling your hair out trying to get your own splashscreen to work then you would definitely appreciate this.

By Rise of EPC Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:23 pm
THANKS!
my mpc is famous!!

By Rise of EPC Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:22 am
right on thats tite!