Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

By mckenic Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:12 pm
Yep!

I'd like to add my thanks too!

I'm fairly new to the MPC and I have the Akai manual, Addendum, JJos 1 and various copied 3 to 4 page things on JJos2 to go thru...

Having a complete, comprehensive JJos 1 & 2 manual with everything in one place will be a lifesaver for me :)

Thanks a million for doing this - your efforts are really appreciated!

Dave

By stan steez Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:43 am
Thanks for all the love. But trying to bring JJ-OS 1 & 2 together in one files gives me some bad headache. I don't know how to conceptualize it.

I can rather go and make the First Part of the manual the OS 1 Part and the 2nd Part the OS 2 part. OR I can go from describing function for function, saying "look this is how you do that in OS 1 and that's how it's done in OS-2"..you know? So the first way would be PART 1 = OS 1 and PART 2 = OS 2 vs. comparative Style = Left Side OS 1, Right Side OS 2. Or I could just leave OS 1 behind and just do OS 2. But I think that would be unfair to OS 1 only users...

So, to be honest I don't have a clue HOW to do it at the moment. The Only thin I know is that this thing will become a BOOK, with at least 100 pages! This will be very time consuming.. oh boy..

However, I am open for any inspirational tipps / suggestions / advises you have.

PEACE

By mckenic Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:06 am
Its GOTTA be easier to divide them into part 1 & 2... :shock:

Hell - youd go mad any other way!

Or just have part 2 (say JJOS2) have that OS's new features and standard implementations differences... otherwise your gonna have to write the thing twice *EEEK*

Whatever makes it easier for you mate!

dave

By Sooty_G Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:17 am
os 1 & 2 do have a lot in common. some things are identical between the 2. os 1 is the basis for os 2.

i would make a complete os 1 manual all in one section. you know that os is finished so once you are done with the manual you won't have to change or update anything. then make an os 2 section that covers os 2. when you come to something that is identical to os 1, you can just have a "see page 15" or whatever to direct the reader to the os 1 page on that screen/topic. then you can just discuss the os 2 specific stuff & add to it or change it whenever JJ adds something to the os.

By stan steez Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:35 am
Sooty_G wrote:os 1 & 2 do have a lot in common. some things are identical between the 2. os 1 is the basis for os 2.

i would make a complete os 1 manual all in one section. you know that os is finished so once you are done with the manual you won't have to change or update anything. then make an os 2 section that covers os 2. when you come to something that is identical to os 1, you can just have a "see page 15" or whatever to direct the reader to the os 1 page on that screen/topic. then you can just discuss the os 2 specific stuff & add to it or change it whenever JJ adds something to the os.

>> Thanks for the hints. I think I will do it that way.

By Juta Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:37 pm
i would finish the os1 manual, then copy that and add/change the os2 stuff to it and keep it seperated like that. 2 different copies for 2 different os
s.
By stan steez Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:08 pm
Yo, I just figured out how to embed videos into the manual. That's gonna be so dope... More Details coming up later today!

>>Update: embedded videos in pdf = working...Test it for yourself (req. Acrobat Reader 7 atleast, if not 8!!)
http://www.stansteez.com/files/pdf/chop2.pdf (Right Click and "Save as..." because the file is about 7MB big)

Last edited by stan steez on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

By MalaKai Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:24 am
that's mad ill!

super fresh, much props

By dtaa pla muk Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:31 am
hey i never said you could do that...

...just kidding. have at it man, all of these vids are completely yours to embed
and i'd love to comply if you wanted me to do certain vids to accompany the manual
let me know dude

By distortedtekno Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:11 pm
Excellent work, Stan! :)

By stan steez Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:46 pm
Nym wrote:hey i never said you could do that...

...just kidding. have at it man, all of these vids are completely yours to embed
and i'd love to comply if you wanted me to do certain vids to accompany the manual
let me know dude

First I wanted to ask for permission for using this vid, but then I thought, "since it's on youtube, it's already public anyway", so I didn't. :) I might get back on you for offering videos. I guess I only will include videos to certain chapters or techniques - not to all of them though. But what comes in my head instantly is a instalation video for the JJ-OS.. cause this is repeatedly asked all the time. So if you got one or found one on the net, let me know.

PEACE
By distortedtekno Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:00 am
w2thag wrote:
stan steez wrote:... including JJ OS 1 & 2. Reworked Layout, new cover. minimalistic steelo: less fonts, better layout etc.

>> www.stansteez.com/files/pdf/JJ_Manual_3_preview.pdf

Broken link

Do you have an other link???

Sorry my english is bad

I just tested the link and it works.
Are you using Mozilla Firefox as a web browser?
If you are, then select Allow stansteez.com from your NoScript list.
By stan steez Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:11 pm
Hey Everybody. I am close to finally finishing the JJ OS 1 Manual. I will probably release it by the end of the week, if everything goes well!

This is how it's gonna go down:
    - There will be a full version of the pdf, including all chapters
    - There will also be pdf's for single chapters be available, for those who don't want the whole thing
    - Unfortunately, this release won't include embedded videos yet

As time progresses, I will include videos where it could be helpful and then provide an additional video-embedded version chapterwise, so you can chose if you want the video embedded or the text version. The cool thing is, you can even print out the video-embedded version, without disturbing pictures of the video in it, because it's just left blank in the page.

Later, as OS2 is making further progress, I will include that too. But from my experiences with OS1, it's much easier to write a manual on an almost finished OS than to a steady changing one, because you don't have to correct all the changes in controls and stuff all the time. I guess the 2nd or technically speaking 3rd round won't take too long, cause the OS 1 Manual is pretty much the foundation of the whole thing.

I am pretty amazed about the day when I finally hold a copy of the manual in my own hands...

PEACE