Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By dryad-66 Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:19 am
Getting some strange reset of settings in JJOSXL3.70 when i change sequences or change something (?) the Q links sometimes default and i have to re assign them.Also when i save all the whole project when i open it again they have defaulted ect.I have not delved in very much at all yet and sure i need to learn a lot more but its freaking me out.Any tips,ideas?thanx

2500 SE btw
By dryad-66 Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:28 am
dryad-66 wrote:Getting some strange reset of settings in JJOSXL3.70 when i change sequences or change something (?) the Q links sometimes default and i have to re assign them.Also when i save all the whole project when i open it again they have defaulted ect.I have not delved in very much at all yet and sure i need to learn a lot more but its freaking me out.Any tips,ideas?thanx

2500 SE btw

My bad............user error..........got confused with the q link buttons.They have to be lit for the parameters to show. :shock: Getting confused cos also got a Q link slider that needs changing.And its button is dodgy.Apart from that I’m loving this 2500.Especially with slider set to sample start .Cant live without that now.Gonna learn JJ)OS inside out.
By Methlab Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:34 am
I'm new to JJOS and just upgraded to the newest JJOSXL and I can't preview samples. I'm trying to build a program but I can't hear the samples when I highlight them.

From main, I hit mode and load and I see the files on my flash card. But when I highlight them and hit play, I hear nothing. I've tried listening in headphone outs and my monitors and I know the 1000 makes sound so it has to be something im doing wrong. Any help?
Its a pain to find any real guides to this OS besides the manual, and that thing is not easy to follow.
By Methlab Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:52 pm
Sense-A wrote:I wasn't aware you could preview samples in JJOS before loading them. I know I can on my MPC 4000.

I'm on JJOS 2XL and I am probably not on the latest version. Sometime this weekend I'll update it and see if I can get it to work.

Ok that would make a lot of sense then. And yeah i do it on the 4000 as well so I figured we could on JJOSxl. How do you build kits then? Maybe i should wipe my CF card and then just do all that work on the pc and then just load the handpicked stuff in?
By Sense-A Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:24 pm
I'm in the same boat as you. I sample lots of drum loops and drum hits into the MPC 1000, edit them, and organize them by date and save. So I have drums spread out in lots of different folders.

I need to copy them all to a PC and organize them into programs and experiment with layering them. Rather do it on a PC since I have CF card reader on my PC.

There used to be old programs like bluebox and mpc maid. I don't know which ones still work and how compatible they are with JJOS2XL. Hopefully someone else here can fill us in on what program they are using on PC to edit programs for MPC 1000/2500.
By okto Fri May 14, 2021 7:54 pm
Sense-A wrote:I wasn't aware you could preview samples in JJOS before loading them. I know I can on my MPC 4000.

I can't understand why JJ removes critical features. When I'm scrolling through my stored samples to find the one that sounds right, is the idea that I should have to load 4GB of samples into 128MB of RAM to do that? Does JJ >NEVER< audition sounds? It just doesn't make any damn sense.

If the Akai OS can do it, the JJOS can do it. Removing basic features is not an upgrade.
By okto Mon May 17, 2021 3:28 am
misterfade wrote:Of course you can preview. Just highlight and hit the pad.

I may be misunderstanding what people have said. It sounds like with JJOS you cannot preview samples on disk, IE, you can’t audition sounds without loading them.
By saltmcgault Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Mrnoble101 wrote:How do I pay for it? Can’t seem to find a payment link.

In tab in the top right of this page you'll see MPC resources if you drop that down you'll see mpc operating systems. There you will find....

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/mpc2500/