Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By inok Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:10 am
So I've now had my MPC2k5 for a month or so, and know the basics (which I wanted to learn before upgrading to JJOS due to tutorials/manual help) and now when I was about to get JJOS2, there is none at the site! Is it the JJOS XL for 2500 I have to get, then "downgrade"/switch os to the os2? You do get the os1 and os2 for free when you buy JJOS XL, right? :)
By thekitt Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:29 am
i just bought another MPC and it has the free version of JJ on it...but i dont know which one.

How can I roll back to Akai OS?

i just downloaded Akai ver 2.12 onto my computer but what are the steps for putting it back on my MPC?

yes i searched and searched and searched and googled...still couldnt find an answer.
By distortedtekno Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 pm
thekitt wrote:i just bought another MPC and it has the free version of JJ on it...but i dont know which one.

How can I roll back to Akai OS?

i just downloaded Akai ver 2.12 onto my computer but what are the steps for putting it back on my MPC?

yes i searched and searched and searched and googled...still couldnt find an answer.

the only way to install the AKAI OS is to use the CF card. you cant do it with the hard drive.
By distortedtekno Wed May 05, 2010 11:04 pm
Flow Mechanic wrote:
Shadyrest59 wrote:I just downloaded 4.99I

how did you get 4.99I? I want to get jjos2 and you need 4.99I to be able to use it. I have v.99l as in 4.99 L... this is really anoying.

The first page of this topic contains the link to the JJ OS site.

Aside from that, I want to make it clear to EVERYONE that's new to this sub-forum and the JJ OS...

READ THIS TOPIC FIRST, just like it states in the title. Stan took alot of time and effort to make things easier for newbies to find answers to all they need to understand the basics and a bit more as well.

I may not be able to have the time to answer questions since I'm very busy. But I do lurk this forum on a regular basis to obtain any information I may need as per the further development of the JJ OS. So I would expect everyone else to at least do the same and LOOK for the information you need. It's all there in this forum. Trust me. I've been a mod since this subforum was first created. I had to be extremely firm with many people (and at times, a bit too firm). But I'm not trying to be like that.

Many of the forum veterans are glad to help out when they can about issues that are somewhat unclear or complicated. But they also have a threshold tolerance as well.
This forum needs to run alot more smoothly, so that the information everyone is looking for can be found much easier. We all need to do our part. Thanks.
By supamonsta Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:02 pm
Hi, I read the whole FAQs, an ddidn't find any other thread about:

what I f I buy a 2nd hand mpc1000 with jjosXL but not the last update, how can I update it?

Sorry if that's explained somewhere else, but I couldn't find such info...

Do I need the password used to install the present os to update it?

Cheers
By supamonsta Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:21 am
That's what he says :)

you gotta pay only when upGRADING (free os to os 1, os 1 to os 2 , os 1 or 2 to os XL...)

anyway, I ordered a brand new mpc2500 so I'll have to buy the complete XL set for 123$... it's a bit painful, because it raises the global purchase price by ~10%, but I'm sure I'll quickly forget and forgive that price, due to the awesomeness of JJ OS 8)

cheers
By djpuaa Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:37 am
thxx. culd u bring me all version of jjos free please? i will post all versions of this os in a pakage. thx a lot for all sorry about my bad english :wink:
By djpuaa Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:24 am
djpuaa wrote:thxx. culd u bring me all version of jjos free please? i will post all versions of this os in a pakage. thx a lot for all sorry about my bad english :wink:

uuuup!
By h_l Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:44 pm
I just upgraded to an MPC1000 and JJOS4.99 .

I'm used to the 500 in which I can just load samples to the pads without making a program, song, or tracks. Good for live improvising, which is how I use it at gigs/at home/all the time.

So far, trying to learn the 1000, I haven't found this as a possibility. It looks like I have to create a program, then load samples into that and save it, or the samples don't stick to the pads.... is this true?

I'm hoping I don't actually have to "write" songs and tracks and programs if I don't have to...not fun. Any help?

Thanks.