Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Jungleman Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:16 pm
OS1 is fine. It is very stable, easy to learn, easy to work with, but still lots more advanced than Akai OS.
I suggest you learn your basics on OS1, then - when you feel you're ready - go for OS XL. XL is quite complex and there is a learning curve, so it's better to start on the simpler OS1. And forget OS2 ;-)
By dallondogg Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:17 pm
am i supposed to change the bin file to something on my mpc every time i load the jjos to my cf card on my mpc 1k and then try to click do it to install nothing happens... but it pulls up on my load screen but wont load it help please
By daniel_dabloons Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:21 pm
ok, i have an mpc1000 with the akai os and i can pretty much do everything that os has to offer. but it does take awhile and i've been reading really good things about the jj os. so now i'm interested in the jj os. i googled it, found the download site, but i have a question:

they offer the OS version 3.12 for free (which was last updated 02/06/11) and OS1 version 4.99L for $60 (and that was last updated way back in 03/29/10). my question is which one to go with? i can only imagine the version you have to buy is better, that's why you have to buy it. but how much better is it? is OS v3.12 an older OS (or possibly a demo), if so why was it updated more recent? either way i plan on getting one, just need advice on which was the correct choice.

thanks.
By le rat Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:52 pm
Hello,

The date of the last update is not important (it was minor updates for both and they are hardly supported now)
All you have to know for the moment is that you can try OS1 for free (the SAVE function will be locked. After testing if you're sure you want to use it, you pay a password that will unlock this function)

Otherwise have a look at the comparison chart :

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/chart.htm

Peace
By JaxMusik Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:51 pm
Can i go directly from the free os to the osxl or i have to buy os1 and then os2 and then go to osxl. Im sorry if its clear for everybody else but this is not clear to me. I understand you have to get os1 in order to have os2 (functional) but im not certain about how to proceed for osxl.
By distortedtekno Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:52 pm
JaxMusik wrote:Can i go directly from the free os to the osxl or i have to buy os1 and then os2 and then go to osxl. Im sorry if its clear for everybody else but this is not clear to me. I understand you have to get os1 in order to have os2 (functional) but im not certain about how to proceed for osxl.

You can download and install JJ OSXL directly from the Free JJ OS 3.12.
In the Save screen, you'll find the product I.D. to send to JJ when paying for OS2XL. Then you will be given a password to enter in the Save screen. You only have to enter it once. From there, you can install any version of JJ OS1, JJ OS2, and Akai OS as well. The password will remain entered in the MPC.
By JaxMusik Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:00 am
distortedtekno wrote:
JaxMusik wrote:Can i go directly from the free os to the osxl or i have to buy os1 and then os2 and then go to osxl. Im sorry if its clear for everybody else but this is not clear to me. I understand you have to get os1 in order to have os2 (functional) but im not certain about how to proceed for osxl.

You can download and install JJ OSXL directly from the Free JJ OS 3.12.
In the Save screen, you'll find the product I.D. to send to JJ when paying for OS2XL. Then you will be given a password to enter in the Save screen. You only have to enter it once. From there, you can install any version of JJ OS1, JJ OS2, and Akai OS as well. The password will remain entered in the MPC.

Thanks a lot man. They should add your post in the faqs main page cause that ish was clear like icewater.
Thanks a lot man!
By Jsun76 Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:56 am
I have downloaded the file to my MPC CF file but when I press Windows and turn on MPC I get a message that says Incorrect OS was found loading OS in 5secs. I downloaded the 4.99L and i have a MPC1000 what did I do wrong or has the process change
By deeznutz6969 Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:01 pm
I am a bit confused as it's been awhile since I've updated. I have been running OS1 with my 2500 for awhile now and I just purchased the password for OSXL (74$ US). My question is, now that I have OSXL does that mean I can now download OS2 and use that fully functional without having to buy a password? Or does the same rule still apply where as I have to purchase a separate password for OS2 even though I've paid for OSXL?

Basically I own OS1 and now OSXL what do I gotta do to use OS2? And does it cost extra after buying OSXL? JJ the don's site is confusing as shit! peace
By deeznutz6969 Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:58 pm
le rat wrote:If you have already paid and installed your password for OS-XL, theoretically, You don't need to pay and get another password if you wanna use OS2. Just find an OS2 file and try.

ok i'll try it thanks! I guess if I need a password for OS2 then it'll ask me for one at the save screen?