Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By mr.pleasant Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:36 pm
maybe a lil hyped, BUT imma tell ya, this thing can make ur workflow speed up x5....
whut u can't do on the os, u mos def can on thee JJOS.......... jus try the free demo, gurantee, u won't even remotely
think bout convertin back............ only thing with the free trial, u can't save, thats where it hurts ya, but is u already
got DAW, Bwoi ur safe on the case.........TRUST THAT
By N8-R Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:28 pm
So I finally got around to running the JJOS demo (OS 1) and..........

I LIKE IT! nice. i was apprehensive to install it but i'm definitely feeling the added features.

One question though. And I tried to search for it to no avail... will sequences and programs (NOT projects) saved on JJOS work on the Akai OS? My roommate has a 5000 and we'd like to be able to pass stuff back and forth. Once again, I'm sure projects are out of the quesiton... but I'm figuring sequences and programs are simple enough that they should be transferrable :?:
By K. Rah Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:04 pm
Dunno if anyone has asked this question yet, but i can't find it anywhere.

Iv'e got a 2500 and jjos2. it says on the jj site that the password for xl n 1000 is 64 bucks, and the password for the 2500 version is 113... is it really 113 to make the upgrade to xl from os2, or does it mean that's what it costs all together to get all the operating systems? i thought the os for both machines had alwaqys been around the same price.
By kazakore Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:28 pm
K. Rah wrote:Dunno if anyone has asked this question yet, but i can't find it anywhere.

Iv'e got a 2500 and jjos2. it says on the jj site that the password for xl n 1000 is 64 bucks, and the password for the 2500 version is 113... is it really 113 to make the upgrade to xl from os2, or does it mean that's what it costs all together to get all the operating systems? i thought the os for both machines had alwaqys been around the same price.

I believe if you previously paid for OS1 or 2 then when you go to save you will have a product ID displayed of 5 characters (rather than 7 characters if you hadn't previously purchased anything) then upgrade will cost $64. It's all fairly clear if you actually read the JJOS site.
By .kAy Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 pm
...so how do you go back to the original Akai OS???? I haven't had any luck finding the answer in any thread. I tried the demo and it's good but I don't plan on upgrading for a few weeks or so and by then I'd really like to save my work.

EDIT: found it. download the original OS from http://www.akaipro.com/company/media2.php?download_id=WTZRNwNuD2k%3D, and the rest of the process is the same...

excuse moi for the obvious answer...
By .kAy Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:18 pm
mikolo wrote:^^^
you can save on the free version which is a definite improvement on the akai os

really? I read somewhere on this forum that you cannot. and at the JJ OS download site they say you can't save...?

anyway my programs made on akai os don't work in JJ so....
By Sooty_G Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:21 am
Four wrote:Can i loop tracks with different bar lenghts in one sequence?

Like:

Drums = 2 Bars
Bass = 1 Bar
Lead = 4 Bars
etc...

Does OS1, OS2 or XL do that? That'd be FANTASTIC!!!

not exactly how you describe but you can do something like this with SIMULT SEQUENCE.

simult lets you play a second sequence on top of your main one. this second sequence can be a different length than the main one, so you can have a 4 bar sequence looping over a 3 bar sequence if you like, and it will not be truncated down at the end of the main sequence. they will both keep playing at their different lengths simultaneously.

SIMULT SEQ is pretty badass. i use it all the time.

By Four Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:02 am
What a shame. :( I'd pay good money for that.

Gonna check out that "simult sequence" thing. Better than nothing i guess. Thanks.
By JPfunk Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:32 pm
@Four:

Why wouldn't you just copy your 2 bar beat to 4 bars, your 1 bar bass line into 4 bars and then leave your lead at 4 bars? Then you effectively have what you are after.

I do that kind of stuff all the time and it takes seconds with the JJOS.