Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By b.read Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:15 am
diegoeskryptic wrote:just curious to know, what has been Akai's direct response to the jjOS.

I'd be interested to hear this as well...have they ever released some kind of statement about it?
By henryonethousand Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:28 pm
Hi!
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but is it a must to connect the mpc to pc via usb and put the jj os in it or could i just put the cf-card to my pc and get the jj os on it? And then put it in the mpc..?????

I don't have the usb-cable and that is why I'd like to do it that way, if it was possible.
By b.read Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:51 pm
just order a cheap one on ebay- about $2.00
you'll need one if you ever get a external HD that uses usb anyway
By Wil Blaze Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Q: I've just installed the JJ OS and the MPC behaves weird. What can I do?
A: Reset the MPC to factory defaults: Turn off your MPC, hold [ERASE], turn it on.

Does this action restore the MPC to the original OS (AKAI 1.07 in my case) or does it just set some other settings?

I want to install JJ OS but i use Jessiah's glitch a lot on drum samples and i would hate to never be able to go back to it?

How can I ensure that I am able to go back to OS 1.07 when i need to? Is it easily done?

I have searched but can't find a definate answer to this!

Thanks
By N8-R Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 pm
Now here's something I don't understand. I went to the JJ OS site and now that the XL has been released, the OS1 and OS2 have been sent back to another page called "Old JJ OS". Does this mean that OS 1 and 2 are now free? It's kind of unclear.
By stan steez Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:25 pm
Wil Blaze wrote:Q: I've just installed the JJ OS and the MPC behaves weird. What can I do?
A: Reset the MPC to factory defaults: Turn off your MPC, hold [ERASE], turn it on.

Does this action restore the MPC to the original OS (AKAI 1.07 in my case) or does it just set some other settings?

I want to install JJ OS but i use Jessiah's glitch a lot on drum samples and i would hate to never be able to go back to it?

How can I ensure that I am able to go back to OS 1.07 when i need to? Is it easily done?

I have searched but can't find a definate answer to this!

Thanks

The Reset just restores the default settings of the machine. What it does not, is restore an older firmware/os. You can install JJ OS and then go back to wAkai OS for jesiahs glitch, since that is a bug of the os. But bear in mind that a lot of changes were made in the process of creating OS 2 (changed amp algorhythm from linear to exponential for example), so your beats definately sound different and the effect of j's glitch are of cause not there.
By BLACK DORIS Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:41 am
N8-R wrote:Now here's something I don't understand. I went to the JJ OS site and now that the XL has been released, the OS1 and OS2 have been sent back to another page called "Old JJ OS". Does this mean that OS 1 and 2 are now free? It's kind of unclear.

I'd doubt that but would be handy to know in the meantime...

Along a similar line, just noticed there was mention on jjos site that it's poss to update to osxl straight from free version 3.09. Guess my question is, can you forgo getting os1+2 and go straight to xl from the free version?
Apologies in adv as it seems obvious as i type the question but you never know...
Cheers
By mr.pleasant Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:10 pm
if i paid the $ 113.00 ( 145.09 CDN ) 4 thee os2xl, does it mean i don't have 2 pay 4 the jjos 1 & 2 ?
( might of been blind, but haven't seen a report bout this... now that imma waitin 4 me password )
By BLACK DORIS Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:39 am
J5ATRON wrote:I don't know if this was covered and I tried looking through the FAQ, forgive me if this was already covered but my question is...

Is there any system requirements for installing JJOS to your MPC 1000?

Like a bigger hard drive, bigger ram?

Don't think so, just download it and install, that's what i did. Only issue was 'wrong card' msg when i tried to boot up the new OS. A way round this is to load the OS from the load screen (mode + pad2).

I'm usin the 25 hundy with jj 3.09 free.
By SelphRighteous Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:18 pm
I'm not to sure about all of this JJ OS stuff. I know everyone tells me when you switch you'll never go back, but I have seen the question about if and how you can switch back to 1.24 come up but the only answer is yes you can switch back. Does anyone really know how?

Is there anyone on here that doesn't like JJ OS? If so I'd really like to find out why because I'm kinda on the fence when it comes to switching to JJ OS.
By mr.pleasant Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm
SelphRighteous wrote:
Is there anyone on here that doesn't like JJ OS? If so I'd really like to find out why because I'm kinda on the fence when it comes to switching to JJ OS.

good luck...... this thing is worst then thee sars virus........... thee JJOS is SERIOUS as CANCER