Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By hereo Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:20 pm
I'll have my MM6 k=hooked up with the MPC and sometimes when I use note repeat, without even pressing a pad, the Note Repeat button will trigger an unwanted sample as if i were pressing a pad. When it does that i'm not pressing any pad, just holding down the Note Repeat button. Very weird, very annoying. anyone else experience this problem?

By hereo Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:42 am
Anyone? 22 views and nothing?

By thedvs01 Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:04 am
weird

you scoped out the insides of the mpc yet for anything fishy?

maybe you have a pad set as tap tempo and it happens to work both ways for some reason? do you have one of your pads set to act as the tap tempo button?

By hereo Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:55 am
I haven't physically looked inside, but I don't have the Tap Tempo button assigned to anything but its dedicated button.
This problem doesn't happen everytime I try to use Note Repeat, just most of the time. The inconsistency of the problem makes it even weirder. I might go to my homies studio and see if this is the same case for the 2500. I know it has the Note Repeat and the Tap Tempo buttons separate.
Thanx for responding DVS.

By bruxism Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:00 am
yo this happened to me the other day too.

I was messing with shift+note repeat, then after mucking around for a while, everytime i pressed note repeat, two of my pads were repeating, without me pressing any of the pads.

It almost seemed like a feature, a pretty handy one if i could work out how the hell it worked, but eventually, after not being able to turn it off, or switch which pads it was repeating, i switched off the MPC, and haven't had it happen since.

I'll mess with shift note repeat etc some more today and see if i can duplicate it.

By bruxism Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:10 am
yo man, i just turned on my MPC, and it's only happening with 1 program that i have saved. give me a couple of minutes, i'll upload this program and mayb someone will know what's going on.

By hereo Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:13 am
Weird isn't it?! I did the same thing [SHIFT]+NOTE REPEAT and pressed a pad and it played my selected pad and some random pad. But also when I just pressed Note Repeat alone and had a T.C. Selected it would play the random pad without me pressing any other pad.

By bruxism Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:40 am
http://download.yousendit.com/62758F2620ECDA0C

would somebody do us all a favour, download that and check it out, just load up the whole folder, and press note repeat.

pad B10 should repeat, without you pressing it... anyone got any ideas why?

By hereo Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:54 pm
I'm downloading it right now.

By bruxism Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:43 am
anyone checked this out yet?

By hereo Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:25 am
Sorry bro. I been busy allday. I'll try to check later tonight.

By bruxism Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:21 am
bump!

By rinseout Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:54 pm
Tried it, no problem. Check if your pads all work fine, i think its a hardware problem

By hereo Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:44 pm
Pads all work fine. I'll triple check. It only happens sometimes. Weird!

By bruxism Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:10 pm
wow, rinseout, you loaded up that folder and pressed note repeat, and nothing happened? mayb there is more than 1 program in that folder, i don't remember, did you try it with both.

I find it very difficult to believe that it's a hardware issue, as it only happens with this program for me, and it's triggering note B10. I can't imagine a hardware issue would affect only a certain bank, and only 1 pad in that bank.

Anyone else downloaded this program and seen if it does it?