Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

By rinseout Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:47 pm
Tried everything to recreate your problem - no results, sorry.

By hereo Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:17 pm
Its all good. Nice try Rinseout. That annoying note doesn't get recorded I think. So though it sucks, its not permenant. And I'll try to recreate it and then give better instructions as to what you can do to try to recreate it.

By Antonym Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:19 pm
hey hereo. have you tried looking at your note assignment in your program to make sure you dont accidentally have 2 notes assigned to the same midi note?

i swear i've had this problem before but don't remember what fixed it.

By hereo Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:10 pm
I'm pretty sure cause I have a autoload folder that has a chromatically sound pgm that is the only pgm I use for that kind of beat and that unwanted samples goes off when I hold down Note Repeat w/out even pressing a pad. I just press and hold Note Repeat by itself and the unwanted sample sounds off. And then if I press Note Repeat and a pad together then I get the unwanted sample layered with whatever pad impressing. Its very odd and I don't remember having this prob on 4.66. Thanx for the reply. I've been kinda busy lately but I'll try to recreate it and send a bug report to JJ to see if they get the same thing.
Rinseout suggested a hardware prob but it only happens when I have my MM6 hooked up to my MP. It seems like note repeat sends some kinda midi messeage to the MM6 and it plays a random pad. Burxism said its pad B 10. I'll check to sse if that's the same for me.
By Every_where_man Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:15 am
Yea this just started happening in one of my projects. I had just copied some pads around. It's happening over a few programs though, a midi program too!

It was getting in the way of world domination so i restarted and it came good. I noticed when I double tapped shift that a bunch of lights lit up and flashed, then stopped and nothing else seems to happen. Anyone know what that is for?