Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

By gasmask Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:23 pm
that MF Doom one is hella sick

By skillius Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:57 pm

By crossings Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:00 am
glad you guys dig 'em. i've been rockin the Quas & Doom ones on my cartridges ever since i made these. i might make a couple more this weekend if i have the time... if any of you have some decent suggestions [keeping in mind the limited things that can be done with 2 colors and the small screen size], post them here and i may consider...

i tried doing the PETE ROCK logo (with the afro pick), but it came out like ass... same with the Wu-Tang logo. some stuff just doesn't work out on a tiny screen like that... it gets too pixelated. those 2 woulda been dope though :(

By Dahkter Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:43 am
dope, real nice work on those...

is there a specific program you use, do you convert normal images into bitmaps?

By crossings Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:11 am
thanks man... i use photoshop, but it doesn't really make things any easier than just using paint or whatever. i mainly have to draw on top of the resized image i wanna use... and you really gotta zoom in and draw that sh!t pixel by pixel to get stuff looking good (and i got a lil sloppy with the run dmc one)... of course if the graphic i wanted to take and use was a solid 2 color image to begin with it would make things easier... but that hasn't been the case yet.

By jazzdan Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:18 am
how do you install those on the mp. the quas one=pure fire.

By crossings Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:15 am
as long as you have the JJ OS installed... just copy the mpc1000.bmp file to the root directory of a flash cartridge and turn your mpc on with the cartridge inside. simple as that.

By jazzdan Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:49 am
Ummmm. ok well i mounted the mpc on my computer via usb and dragged the file onto it. then turned it off. then turned it on again and nothing came up. i cant put my flash card into my computer separately. has to be thro-ugh the mp so maybe im missing something.

By crossings Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:57 am
two things to make sure of to get this to work:

1 - that you copied over the BMP file [from the download link below each graphic], and not the JPG file posted to preview it in the thread.

2 - that the MPC1000.BMP file is in the root directory of your flashcard and NOT in any folders. using your mpc hooked up to your computer shouldn't be an issue. just drag the BMP file right onto the MPC icon and it should copy it to the root directory.

it will only work if you have JJ OS installed. it must be a version no earlier than 4.27... the current 4.94 does still display splash screens. are you using 3.08? that might be the issue.