Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By undersound Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:05 pm
Was making a beat and suddenly after doing a copy paste in midi window all the pads where play every sample in random timing. :lol:

i recorded a section, The really amazing part is it even plays part of a beat i made on OS1??? the "Ohhh" style vocal is part of an OS1 beat. Really strange dont know how to report it to JJ

Audio ---> http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamm3 ... 56298&q=hi

might make a good intro so its up for DL too lol

any of u manage to recreate this let me know so we can report it. But i honistly dont remember what i did before the copy paste :(

By earwolf Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:11 pm
i think this is the new Google Translation feature for beats where it runs your track through an internal approximation service

By TBonus76 Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:45 pm
:lol: . You found the secrect JJ message revealing his whole story and who he really is! Take the note of each fourth quarter note and write the letters down, followed by each third quarter note in reverse order, then put on your decoder glasses and the secret will be revealed.

By pad-ophiliac Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:00 pm
i actually had a very similar sounding experience. but it was so odd i didn't report it. it was a little different and hard to describe, but i'll give it a shot. i don't know what triggered it but i was recording a simple seq on the main screen when it happened. first, i noticed that if i was recording and then took it out of record mode and just let it keep playing it was actually still in record mode. no red light but still recording notes visible in grid. then all of the sudden it started playing everything i had loaded as well as all of the samples on my hd forwards and backwards and left to right, but all in time and it sounded great. like some BT electro type stuff. by the way, i was using 66 at the time.

By Antonym Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:03 pm
i had weird playback issues too, and i had no idea what i did to make it happen.

you should have heard it on .59, the sound was freaking out back then. lots of what we used to call the jessiah glitch sounds, among forwards-backwards play. at times it just sounded like the mpc was playing all of the samples in RAM. weird panning, etc.

By earwolf Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:24 pm
man the glitch-head laptop-jamming rectangular glass-wearing baldheads on this forum would prolly drop two hunge plus multiple orgasms over a jj minimalisto OS v7.2 with randomizer, sample-cafetiere (adds barista style whooshing and gurging to any rhythm track) and a moleskine-bound hand-drawn naive art style manual

make it limited edition, naturally

By master-ceo Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:14 pm
earwolf wrote:man the glitch-head laptop-jamming rectangular glass-wearing baldheads on this forum would prolly drop two hunge plus multiple orgasms over a jj minimalisto OS v7.2 with randomizer, sample-cafetiere (adds barista style whooshing and gurging to any rhythm track) and a moleskine-bound hand-drawn naive art style manual

make it limited edition, naturally

:lol:

By Sooty_G Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:31 am
i had the same glitch with this os. i've got a 3 minute recording of my mpc just cruising on autopilot. the glitch sounds very similar to the one supplied here with the left/right panning & the slow reverse playback.

try this: set your programs and individual pads to playback in poly mode. then smack a bunch of pads & watch your voice monitor. when the voice monitor maxes out is when the glitch starts happening. what's strange is after a while as the voices play out you'll see the meter going back down but the last 8 bars will stay lit up. it's like some of the sounds stay in memory and just keep playing all scrambled.

i make more experimental type music so personally i love the glitch! i'm defintely keeping a copy of these early os2 versions for use in the future. hey jj, make it a feature! glitch-mode!
By Jfalconcrest Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:25 pm
Is this the beginning of a "Modern Art" type movement in beatmaking? I'll just throw all my sounds against this wall and publish what happens. It's art! NO! It's Random. Art is an expression of the human soul. These random glitch tracks are an expression of the machines' soul.

"If you synthesize, I will understand your synthesizer maaaaaan"
- Adre 2000

By DirtyBird Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:33 pm
I got the auto pilot beatmaking ish right now- wtf-- I was tryin to make a beat and everytime I hit play- it goes on a two minute tripped out solo- it's interesting and all- but I'm trying to get ish done--I guess that's why it's called betatesting

By stan steez Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:46 pm
earwolf wrote:i think this is the new Google Translation feature for beats where it runs your track through an internal approximation service

>> No, it's just a playlist file (.m3u) which is opened in the mediaplayer it's assigned to. Just that simple.

PS: yep, it's wiggin out...

By Antonym Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:36 pm
i'll be back to testing in the week.
sorry for the pause. i'll make up for it.

By undersound Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:49 pm
Antonym wrote:i'll be back to testing in the week.
sorry for the pause. i'll make up for it.

you do enough to deserve a chill Mr Nym

By Antonym Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:54 pm
if only this were a chill...i have a very very difficult exam in 3 hours and i just finished my 32 page ethnography on electronic musicians. gotta hand that in and study my ass off on a whole semester's worth of material i don't understand

gonna get super drunk tonight and make beats...cannot wait.

By undersound Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:35 pm
haha sounds like my kinda night, sadly i got 5000 words due :(