Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Sovereign Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:23 am
Same bug has existed in all the OS versions I have tried

Tremolo = Auto Pan
Auto Pan = Tremolo

The effects are reversed
By cda Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:35 am
Don't know if these are bugs or something particular to my 500, but sometimes when I audition a sample on the CF card, it seems to have a filter applied to it, and sounds odd in some other way that I can't describe - kind of messed with.

Also, when I am using the locate buttons to scroll through a sequence, looking at the individual midi notes, the MPC500 will suddenly jump into play mode, and I'll lose my place. Quite annoying if it's a long sequnce I'm editing.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Thanks.
By Mr.T. Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:22 am
cda wrote:...Also, when I am using the locate buttons to scroll through a sequence, looking at the individual midi notes, the MPC500 will suddenly jump into play mode, and I'll lose my place. Quite annoying if it's a long sequnce I'm editing.

Thanks.

Well - got the same problem :(
T.
By Emilie Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:23 am
Sovereign wrote:Same bug has existed in all the OS versions I have tried

Tremolo = Auto Pan
Auto Pan = Tremolo

The effects are reversed

I don't get this. Are you shure?
By cda Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:43 am
Mr.T. wrote:
cda wrote:...Also, when I am using the locate buttons to scroll through a sequence, looking at the individual midi notes, the MPC500 will suddenly jump into play mode, and I'll lose my place. Quite annoying if it's a long sequnce I'm editing.

Thanks.

Well - got the same problem :(
T.

I now suspect this is a build quality issue rather than a bug as I have noticed that sometimes when I press pad 1, pad 4 will trigger also.
By 3rik Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:21 pm
elevated wrote:I'm not sure if this counts as a bug-- But I think I may be the first to have OS 1.31 crash on me! (A great honor, I know...)

It gave me a "cpu addr (read)" error and locked up, when I tried scroll from a sequence I was playing to a new sequence. I probably should have written down the error code.

Anyone else crash the new OS yet? I need to figure out how to avoid this happening again... it could have been... ugly.
this happened to me just yesterday....from what i see this happens whenever the unit is powered on for long periods of time :x
By serge_a_storms Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:20 pm
Flegmat!c wrote:everytime I save a project and load it again after turning the machine off, it only loads 1 of the sequences. It's not really a big problem if you save the individual sequences but it's still annoying.

I had this problem yesterday. Really defeats the whole point of saving the entire project if you have to save inividualy sequences.
By phono Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:04 pm
possible bug (i cant make it work so im assuming it is)

when the mpc is set to midi clock "slave" and soft thru set to "on" the thru data doesn't contain midi clock, a normal thru port would pass all the midi data including the clock.

:twisted:
By Flegmat!c Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:14 pm
3rik wrote:
elevated wrote:I'm not sure if this counts as a bug-- But I think I may be the first to have OS 1.31 crash on me! (A great honor, I know...)

It gave me a "cpu addr (read)" error and locked up, when I tried scroll from a sequence I was playing to a new sequence. I probably should have written down the error code.

Anyone else crash the new OS yet? I need to figure out how to avoid this happening again... it could have been... ugly.
this happened to me just yesterday....from what i see this happens whenever the unit is powered on for long periods of time :x

yeah I noticed that too, it happens nearly everytime when I've left it on for about a day and I try to load something
By AnthonyM89 Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:16 am
I dunno if it is stuck or maybe i am doing something wrong
but in song mode when i assign a seq the repeats section is stuck at repeat times:1

how do i change it to zero

can anyone help me change that?

sorry i figured it out i had to change the seq params :oops:
By Emilie Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:09 pm
Flegmat!c wrote:it happens nearly everytime when I've left it on for about a day and I try to load something

A whole day? Thats alot of time. But yeah the unit gets unstable when it's turned on for too long.
By limpstar Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:46 pm
today i wanted to delete a step in "STEP EDIT" when following screen appeared (after hitting "DO IT"):

CPU Addr (read)
PC(884b3ca0)

this screen won't disappear. wtf?

edit: i tried to delete another step, but it's always the above screen, only difference: the number after PC is different... damn whutkanido
By bedouin Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:39 pm
Gonna add these two as bugs even though they are technically feature requests. I think they should have logically been included in the first place and their omission is crazy.

1) There should be an option to sample only from the right channel, not just mono left (it's a pain flipping cables).

2) It should remember, after shutting it off, if I had record monitor shut on or off, not simply default to on each time it's restarted.

These are two big annoyances for me.
By bedouin Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:48 am
Another thing. There should be a preference to set a default BPM for new sequences, not simply default to 120 BPM! My old Boss DR-202, Oberheim DX, Casio RZ-1, and E-Mu Drumulator all remember what BPM I used last; I would hope something less than 20 years old would too.
By limpstar Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 pm
Flegmat!c wrote:everytime I save a project and load it again after turning the machine off, it only loads 1 of the sequences. It's not really a big problem if you save the individual sequences but it's still annoying.

got the same problem