Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By SNMTK Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:31 pm
yo dont know if someones said this...

but when you go into step edit, the pad assignment for D12 reads B12. Its annoying, sometimes I cant even access the D12 ... when scrolling through it goes etc. D9 D10 D11 B12 C1 C2 C3 etc. anyone else find this?
By Flegmat!c Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:43 pm
eimer wrote:
Flegmat!c wrote:it happens nearly everytime when I've left it on for about a day and I try to load something

A whole day? Thats alot of time. But yeah the unit gets unstable when it's turned on for too long.

yeah I used to work with software and leave my computer on all day so I guess I should just get used to it... :wink:
By Emilie Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:48 pm
Flegmat!c wrote:
eimer wrote:
Flegmat!c wrote:it happens nearly everytime when I've left it on for about a day and I try to load something

A whole day? Thats alot of time. But yeah the unit gets unstable when it's turned on for too long.

yeah I used to work with software and leave my computer on all day so I guess I should just get used to it... :wink:

It should be possible though. It will only crash if there is an error in the software.
By deranger Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:17 pm
Some computer based electronics crash after they've been on for a long time because:
- components overheat,
- some bugs cause "memory leaks" - they occupy more and more memory, and when they eat up all available memory , the computer will crash.
By sonseelye Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:25 pm
im new to the 500,so i was wondering what bugs the 1.30 has that made everyone switch to the 1.31?
By Emilie Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:53 pm
sonseelye wrote:im new to the 500,so i was wondering what bugs the 1.30 has that made everyone switch to the 1.31?

You could not save the filter state changes.
By Dj Lucid Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:30 am
Id like to report a bug.

Idk if my computer or my friends computer caused this.

When listening to the start up, a loud screeching starts up and continues that way.

Idk if there is a way to fix it, but I sure am hell returning it.
By Emilie Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:29 pm
Dj Lucid wrote:Id like to report a bug.

Idk if my computer or my friends computer caused this.

When listening to the start up, a loud screeching starts up and continues that way.

Idk if there is a way to fix it, but I sure am hell returning it.

Unplug USB-cable ;-)
ByJamon Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 am
Recorded to 6 tracks in a loop, kick on 1, snare on 2, bass and lead patterns on others. Played with track mutes, and maybe only had kick/snare unmuted then went to record mode and sampled off the main outs. The sound stopped and it went to the record preview mode asking where to assign, clicked cancel. Hit play/start, went to unmute the bass/leads... gone. No sound was playing, so checked the step edit looking for notes... nothing. All the tracks except the first two vanished.

That's off memory, so certain things may be inaccurate. Would try and reproduce it with a test case, but why bother? Akai doesn't act like they care, and there's so many bugs it'd be a fulltime job.
By robthom Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:48 pm
I quite often get "no samples in memory!!" after loading a few samples and attempting to go to the trim screen.
I got this error in the last OS also.
By SNMTK Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:23 pm
does anyone else have the problem of going to the different functions.. e.g. say you go to the TRIM mode it actually goes to the LOAD screen. Or if you go to the PROGRAM screen it will go to the SAVE screen? it happens every now and then, not a big deal.. but yeah..
By robthom Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:39 pm
Sinamatik wrote:does anyone else have the problem of going to the different functions.. e.g. say you go to the TRIM mode it actually goes to the LOAD screen. Or if you go to the PROGRAM screen it will go to the SAVE screen? it happens every now and then, not a big deal.. but yeah..

Not that I'm aware of.
Are you sure your hitting the buttons cleanly?
IE: Your not moving really fast in a groove and stabbed the wrong pad by accident?
I do that every now and then. The interface isn't entirely intuitive and sometimes I'll get tripped for a sec.
By SNMTK Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:19 am
robthom wrote:
Sinamatik wrote:does anyone else have the problem of going to the different functions.. e.g. say you go to the TRIM mode it actually goes to the LOAD screen. Or if you go to the PROGRAM screen it will go to the SAVE screen? it happens every now and then, not a big deal.. but yeah..

Not that I'm aware of.
IE: Your not moving really fast in a groove and stabbed the wrong pad by accident?
I do that every now and then. The interface isn't entirely intuitive and sometimes I'll get tripped for a sec.

yeah i am sure haha. for the first 2 months, i just thought i was hitting the wrong pads like you said. and then i noticed it kept happening, and now every now and then it happens, and i am SURE i have hit the right pad. not really a big problem for me though... just wondered if anyone else came across this

the biggest bug for me is still the step edit B12/D12 thing. That is annoying and disrupts my workflow. It basically renders D12 useless in step edit for me. but it seems no one else has this problem
By Cold Snap Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:22 pm
Sinamatik wrote:
robthom wrote:

Not that I'm aware of.

yeah i am sure haha. for the first 2 months, i just thought i was hitting the wrong pads like you said. and then i noticed it kept happening, and now every now and then it happens, and i am SURE i have hit the right pad. not really a big problem for me though... just wondered if anyone else came across this

the biggest bug for me is still the step edit B12/D12 thing. That is annoying and disrupts my workflow. It basically renders D12 useless in step edit for me. but it seems no one else has this problem

I'm having the exact same issues with the b12-d12 pad in step edit... Also with the functions I have noticed a few times it don't go where I tell it to so yea it's a common issue I guess, minor but annoying indeed, especially the pad 12 thing!