Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By drugdilla Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:05 pm
is it possible to loop individual pads? i basically want to loop the drum breaks i have saved to each pad without recording them and dealing with timing issues. i just made a thread about this and i cant find it. sorry, and yes, im a moron.
By Ill-Green Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:46 pm
drugdilla wrote: i just made a thread about this and i cant find it. sorry, and yes, im a moron.

Yeah, you left it in the Getting Started section. Use the search man.
By FredFrank Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:41 am
looks like he's talking about looping a sample indefinitely on a pad, not with the sequencer, is that possible I know the 1000 has that trick to do it but don't know about the 500
By markmorgan10 Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:07 pm
and I'd second that. I would love to know how this is done WITHOUT using the sequencer...

I asked how it was done on the mpc1000 a while ago and in between all the ("RTFMs dude'" - yeah you're a REAL guru ??? ) a couple of people were kind enough to help, and sure enough the solution worked. It wasn't documented - and even ppl on the board were surprised that it worked.

Basically what this bloke is asking (if I have my facts right) is exactly the same thing and it is NOT in the manual.

In any case - I took the solution offered on the mpc 1000 (which worked fine) and tried the same thing on the mpc 500 with no luck.

So if there are any mpc500 ppl out there who know how to loop a sample pad WITHOUT using the sequencer and WITHOUT having to hold the pad down - and have the other samples playable (but not looping) it would be appreciated if you'd post it.

thanks

M.
By rm... Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:41 pm
yeah, love to know too, a frustrating aspect to the 500
By Ill-Green Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:58 pm
It doesn't say in the manual, but after you trimmed your sample, set the Loop on. Then hold down the pad that has the sample and hold down the shift key. Your sample will loop endlessly without hands touching the 500.
By Emilie Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:36 pm
Oh yeah, You can do this. Just set the sample to "loop" in trim mode. Then assign it to a pad whichin you change it from "one shot" to "note on". Now press and hold the pad, then hold down shift. Release the pad (while still holding the shift button). Hold the shift button until the sample has played fully out and starts over, now you can release the shift button and the loop should play on it self, without the sequencer started. You can do this to 32/16 pads at once (depending on mono/stereo sample).

Happy off-beat looping ;-)
By markmorgan10 Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:43 pm
Eimer, Ill-Green

Thanks lads to both of you. It's appreciated.

Mark

p.s. as an update - it works perfect !!!!
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:14 pm
markmorgan10 wrote:Eimer, Ill-Green

Thanks lads to both of you. It's appreciated.

Mark

p.s. as an update - it works perfect !!!!

Your welcome, and you can do it with more than one pad playing.
By Emilie Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:20 pm
Haha, Ill-Green you beat me to the answer ;-).
All are welcome.

Try to go into trim mode while the sample loops in this way and trim it to about 20 samples, then reverse and trim it. Strange things start to happen :-O
Last edited by Emilie on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ill-Green Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:57 am
eimer wrote:Haha, Ill-Green you beat me to the answer ;-).
All are welcome.

Try to go into trim mode while the sample loops in this way and trim it to about 20 samples, then reverse it. Strange things start to happen :-O

Ooh, I love strange things! Thanks eimer for that one, I'm still trying to go beyond the manual.
By dkm111 Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:11 am
eimer wrote:Haha, Ill-Green you beat me to the answer ;-).
All are welcome.

Try to go into trim mode while the sample loops in this way and trim it to about 20 samples, then reverse and trim it. Strange things start to happen :-O

excuse me... but, what do you mean by ¨trim to 20 samples¨? you mean like chop to 20 samples

thx in advance...
By FreshLab Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:56 pm
another question:

i trimmed the sample in the sequ. mode and looped it in there, sounds smooth and nice.
but with the "note on" and shift button there comes a ugly crack between the start and the end of the loop...
i returned to the seq mode and everything was fine...

what the...?

some one please give advice :]
By dkm111 Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:17 pm
FreshLab wrote:another question:

i trimmed the sample in the sequ. mode and looped it in there, sounds smooth and nice.
but with the "note on" and shift button there comes a ugly crack between the start and the end of the loop...
i returned to the seq mode and everything was fine...

what the...?

some one please give advice :]

most of the time a crackle happens, when a sound(waveform) isnt well trimmed. so, i suggest, either the beginning, or the end isnt trimmed well. try rim a little more on both and see what happens....

maybe you got an answer on my question?

excuse me... but, what do you mean by ¨trim to 20 samples¨? you mean like chop to 20 samples

thx in advance...