Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By drugdilla Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:24 pm
OH MY GOD THE SHIFT KEY THE SHIFT KEY THE SHIFT KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you guys so much i realize this is quite basic but i read the manual and the tutorials sections on looping pads and neither of them mention the ability to loop without sequencing or holding the pad. thanks for the serious responses and not just screaming at me for being a noob.
By Emilie Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:01 pm
drugdilla wrote:OH MY GOD THE SHIFT KEY THE SHIFT KEY THE SHIFT KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you guys so much i realize this is quite basic but i read the manual and the tutorials sections on looping pads and neither of them mention the ability to loop without sequencing or holding the pad. thanks for the serious responses and not just screaming at me for being a noob.

It it not mentioned in the manual, but is a leftover from the resampled saoftware on the 1000 model.
By djrty.dan Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:59 pm
Emilie wrote:Oh yeah, You can do this. Just set the sample to "loop" in trim mode. Then assign it to a pad whichin you change it from "one shot" to "note on". Now press and hold the pad, then hold down shift. Release the pad (while still holding the shift button). Hold the shift button until the sample has played fully out and starts over, now you can release the shift button and the loop should play on it self, without the sequencer started. You can do this to 32/16 pads at once (depending on mono/stereo sample).

Happy off-beat looping ;-)

I know it's been years since this thread was discussed, but I just got my MPC a few days ago and this feature ist just what I've been looking for. However now my problem is that if I loop the sample with this method, there is this little gap of silence before the sample starts to play again. Any ideas on how to kind of "link" the end of the sample right to the start to avoid that gap?
By Ill-Green Thu May 20, 2021 10:37 am
Yes. Its the same as any sampler, you have to tighten up your chops when you experience clicks and pops. Remember that the 500 automatically shaves off 2250 samples at the start point. Set it back to zero and chop manually from there to get precise chops.

Also, this trick works with multiple samples, you can loop 4 to 8 samples at the same time hitting pads with all fingers if you like.