Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By mpczzz Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:25 am
hello peeps, i dont know what seems to be the problem here...i dont know if its the mpc or the cf card..i dont think its the card because i used a perfectly new akai cf card and for some reason everytime i try to save, format, or usb connect the unit freezes up, only when the cf card is in the memory card slot...i cant seem to figure it out and its giving me the biggest headache, sometime i want to throw it out the window and watch it crash and burn, but then again i want to learn whats the problem and fix it, does anyone know what im goin thru plz help me before i crash and burn!!!
By mpczzz Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:32 am
i just purchase a new lexar 1gb flash card..when i first put the card in the unit didnt freeze, got all the way to the cf format screen and things seem to be on the bright side, but once it started formatting the card it stood frozen on "formating..." with the cancel and do it button lit up...i just it stay that way for about 5 mins straight then realized the damn thing was frozen once again...so i shut off the mpc and tried to do it all over and now its back to the same damn thing...a corrupt card with a frozen unit....WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE DAMn THING!!!!
By mpczzz Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:41 am
no just 16 bit...when i try to do the restart with holding down the shift button it says bad cf format...it has the preloaded drums on it and it wont let me delete them, how can i get rid of the entire internal memory maybe thats the problem>?
By katohmy Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:13 am
Please forgive my abrupt and tardy interjection.
This is my first posting. Actually, this was the thread that compelled me to register to this forum.

I would like to know why no one has helped this person in his search for a solution to his predicament!

I am, in fact, having the exact same problem right now with my machine (I purchased my first 500 about a few weeks ago, and haven't used it until today; suddenly I come to discover that the original MPC Sound Library that accompanied it was useless), and I'm much too trepidacious to go out a purchase another CF card without complete assurance that it will work....

was it really just the card?

Was it something internally wrong with the machine??

Literally, the same problem exists with myself: Starting the MPC with the CF card inside loads a unused sequence screen and an immovable cursor(I also have AutoLoad on and yet, none of the internal flash memory loads...)

If I turn it off and insert the card after restarting it, the machine freezes at sporadic moments (i.e., attempting to save, load, or format to or from the card).

Is this problem incurable?....Or has no one else experienced this problem besides two seemingly helpless forum members??
By katohmy Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:56 am
Don't get me wrong, it loads fine without the CF card.

I'm even tempted to just use the internal memory for a while until I can save up for a new card... but I would be so grateful to know that it is, in fact, just the memory card that is making me want to pull my hair out strand by strand.
By BLiTzZD Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:53 pm
YelirCOF wrote:I have the Exact same problem and its KILLING ME!!! Somebody help!!!

What is the transfer speed of your CF card?