Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By inflict3 Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:29 am
can we make this the official mob ur 500 thread??
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:49 pm
yeah it was on e-bay and then the winner couldnt pay for it,,so the more it sat around,the more i wanted to play with it,and the more i played with it,the more i thought it would be cool to have a portable,so here we are..lol
By ssnedden Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:21 pm
Ok, I kind of **** up the paint job with the airbubbles and overcoating that we talked about earlier. I'm going to redo it and when I do, I'll take a better pic. Do you recommend that I sand allllll of the layer of overcoat, paint and undercoat off, or what?

By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:24 pm
from these pics it doesnt look bad,,but if ur gonna sand it down again,all you have to do is sand it till it looks dull,no need to remove what youve done,,,sanding is just so the first coat has something to stck to,,,so just scuff it down a little and re-spray,,i dig the color though,,and it does match the led blue,,,
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:26 pm
it looks like ur record and overdub buttons are glowing 8)
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 pm
oh man i have a freakin idea,,,ok im off to the hobby shop,,sh1t its only 830am,,not open for 2 hours,,,,

ok after i make it to the hobby shop today,im going to do some customizing(assuming they have what i want)

this is gonna look cool,,but im not giving up my idea til i post my pic,,c u later!!!
By ssnedden Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 pm
My Record and Overdub buttons got broken when my dumb ass tried to remove them 8) . Actually I only broke one, and said "**** it" and broke the other off. My stop button broke off a long time ago so I knew it would be cool. And now they match I guess.

Thanks for all of your help on painting. I'm going to start sanding and repainting now. What if I want more silver behind the color? Do I still only sand a little bit and apply undercoat on top of the blue? and then more blue? and then overcoat?

Thanks

Can't wait to see your idea.
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:32 pm
no problem and yep just like u stated,,,silver,blue,clear......u could probably skip the silver as it has a blueish silver backer anyhow,,but if u want to lean more twords the lighter blue,spray your silver again..
By ssnedden Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:33 pm
Cool, Thanks.

And dude, going to the hobby shop last night was weird. I was stoned as shit, dressed like I wasn't from the suburbs, carrying around my 500. It feels kind of disheartening to get a 'wtf face' from a 40-year-old model car builder.
By Ill-Green Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:38 pm
Damn good pics!!

Son, your 500 looks like a little 1000 with the red sides. And ssnedden's rockin' the blue (my favorite color).

Do you think its possible to have the sides in wood? I was thinking of mahagony.
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:42 pm
wow,,wood,,that would have to be hand made,,or maybe airbrushed,,unless you could find a wood looking adhesive sheet and a razorblade,,,an idea..
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:44 pm
ssnedden wrote:Cool, Thanks.

And dude, going to the hobby shop last night was weird. I was stoned as ****, dressed like I wasn't from the suburbs, carrying around my 500. It feels kind of disheartening to get a 'wtf face' from a 40-year-old model car builder.

:lol: i feel the same way when i go in there,but the funny thing is,i know more about r/c cars than most the idiots that work there so i just give em the "wtf face" right back,and usually they wont mess with me..
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:15 pm
my guess is he looked like this