Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By MeSoHordey Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:08 pm
This is the sickest thread ever. After seeing your guys' work I'm definitely going to paint mine this weekend, I just have to decide the color.
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:17 pm
here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well this happen to appear in the mail today..woohoo..so that just adds to my mods..

then a little boiling for some black pads

then a little tape for stiffer pads

then a whole bunch of paint and i ended up with this!!!!!hope u like
By sonseelye Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:34 am
thanx man, i apreciate it,everyone should have a portable!!!
By robthom Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:36 am
Nice!
The dye job on the pads really looks good.
Match the base to the red sides for the coup de grace IMO.
By ssnedden Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:43 am
And paint the play, play start, and stop buttons your metallic red. A color flip.

And paint the slider silver, then touch up red lines with a paintbrush (could masking work?) on the
slider, volume and record level.

Dude if you lived close to me I would so pay you to paint mine. I sanded it down and redid it and it looks like...
it looks like I painted it myself :wink:

Yours looks great. Nice job man.
By robthom Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:54 am
ssnedden wrote:...

Thats why I'm not even gonna try it.
I can paint and draw cartoons and Graffiti all day, but I've muffed up a few things where I only wanted them to look "factory custom".
I wouldn't mind giving the dye job on the pads a try though. I could probably manage to not mess that up too bad.
By sonseelye Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:11 am
to dye pads,buy rit dye,the liquid kind and dump the whole bottle into a pan of (just below boiling water)(where theres little steam) then continue to stir for approximetly an hour(no bu11sh1t) then just clean them up with some soap and water and bam!!!40 dollar pads for 4 bux.......the only downfall to the dye is it wont turn them pitch black,,they look blueish,,but when re-installed you cant even tell..
By sonseelye Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:13 am
ssnedden wrote:And paint the play, play start, and stop buttons your metallic red. A color flip.

And paint the slider silver, then touch up red lines with a paintbrush (could masking work?) on the
slider, volume and record level.

Dude if you lived close to me I would so pay you to paint mine. I sanded it down and redid it and it looks like...

Yours looks great. Nice job man.

i think i will look around my house right now to see if i can find some model paint to do the red lines,,,,wow thanx ssnedden,,this is gonna look classic!!
By sonseelye Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:15 am
robthom wrote:Nice!
The dye job on the pads really looks good.
Match the base to the red sides for the coup de grace IMO.

im so wanting to do this but im not sure if you have gotten that far with yours,but you have to take every single thing out to get the base naked,,,its a pain but i think u just talked me into it!!!!well i shall return!!!
By ChrisSousa Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:42 am
Ey, sonseelye ur saying all you did was boil ur pads to make the black? Or did you buy em? Maybe a stupid question.
By sonseelye Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:00 am
i boiled(or should i say simmered) them with black rit clothing dye..