Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
User avatar
By robthom Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:04 am
sonseelye wrote:to dye pads,buy rit dye,the liquid kind and dump the whole bottle into a pan of (just below boiling water)(where theres little steam) then continue to stir for approximetly an hour(no bu11sh1t) then just clean them up with some soap and water and bam!!!40 dollar pads for 4 bux.......the only downfall to the dye is it wont turn them pitch black,,they look blueish,,but when re-installed you cant even tell..


Thnx for the walkthrough man.

Good luck with the base, no way to mask it huh.
Sounds like some extra effort, but its gonna look too Icey!

(I think the CF eject button would look good if you leave it black BTW.
Or maybe silver, eh?)
User avatar
By sonseelye Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:23 am
yeah i wont mess with painting any internal moving parts like the eject button,to much it can get stuck on,,,and im not the masking type of dude,,i like to be able to spray everything im working on,,makes for a much cleaner out-come,,but i will do it!!!
User avatar
By MeSoHordey Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:29 am
Sonseelya - Thanks for the pics and tips! I'm definitely going to dye my pads, after I hear how they're working out for you. So I messed around with mine a bit this afternoon. Mine is definitely not as nice looking as yours in the daylight, but a bit different after the lights go out. :lol:

It's actually a dark blue paint, but it appears as a matte powder blue...
Image

because it's coated with a glow in the dark overcoat!
Image

Some more pics
Image

Image
User avatar
By sonseelye Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:41 am
style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^
User avatar
By Ill-Green Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:58 am
MeSoHordey wrote:Sonseelya - Thanks for the pics and tips! I'm definitely going to dye my pads, after I hear how they're working out for you. So I messed around with mine a bit this afternoon. Mine is definitely not as nice looking as yours in the daylight, but a bit different after the lights go out. :lol:

It's actually a dark blue paint, but it appears as a matte powder blue...
Image

because it's coated with a glow in the dark overcoat!
Image

Some more pics
Image

Image

Thats some spooky sh!t in a good way.
User avatar
By inflict3 Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:09 am
oh $hit^^^^^ you guys are doing it up,... i love them all.... good job guys!!!
User avatar
By ChrisSousa Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:46 am
Oh ****!
User avatar
By ChrisSousa Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:00 pm
Do you think I could put wood sides on mine? Im looking into this today.
User avatar
By sonseelye Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:21 pm
ChrisSousa wrote:Do you think I could put wood sides on mine? Im looking into this today.

anything is possible,just use your imagination!!
User avatar
By 64hz Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:21 pm
Can you get the sides off? If yes then you can probally replace them with wooden ones. Never opend mine up so I dont know.
User avatar
By sonseelye Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:33 pm
64hz wrote:Can you get the sides off? If yes then you can probally replace them with wooden ones. Never opend mine up so I dont know.

the strips you see painted on the side come off..you have to take the case off then theres 3 little screws that hold them little sides to the case..
User avatar
By Cold Snap Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:17 pm
Really cool thread! Great custom work too! One good thing is a nice custom job on the 500 would help bring it's re-sell value up I bet. Wish I had the nerve to try it but I def aint no kind of painter... ??? Good stuff tho, hope to see more.
User avatar
By MeSoHordey Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:52 pm
Hmmmn, I assumed painting mine would actually lower the value, should I ever decide to sell.

I set of nice wood sides, maybe not though...

I have a friend who has a custom woodwork shop. I am going to ask him to build me a couple of different sides in different exotic wood types.