Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By mbillings Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:37 pm
I've currently got an SP 404 and it is setup so that my Behringer Midi Foot Switch triggers one shot samples or loops. I play guitar live so this helps me really fill out my sound with samples. I'm thinking of replacing the 404 with an MPC 500 and a KP3 so that I have dedicated effects along with a better sequencer.

I'm interested in the MPC 500 because of its on-the-fly sequence capabilities (aka being able to create sequences without stopping the sequencer). I've decided I don't really need an MPC 1000 JJ or anything for my needs. If what I want to do will work it'll work on the 500.

My question is this:

Can I mute pads with a Midi Note or CC message?

For example, I want to start a song with a drum loop and then start playing in time with it. Eventually I want to bring in a synth on a track which will be muted. Can I just hit a MIDI note on my footswitch and it'll unmute the part?

Thanks.
By mbillings Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:36 pm
Alright, I've decided that I can't really do anything described above on this guy.

What I'm thinking instead is to just use my Midi footswitch to send a program change to advance to the next sequence. Can the MPC 500 receive program change messages like the MPC 1000?
By Fan Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:07 am
For change a sequence you have to use the rotativo jog and no midi message. You can use an external midi message to change Program. For each Program choose a different number of Pchange so when you send the PChange, for example 1, MPC show you the Program assigned and you can play any pads of program with your Midi Controller by Note On midi message. I use it in this way: I have ten foot pedal midi (fcb1010), each pedals can send a different noteon. When I choose Pc1 I can play ten different pads with 10 different samples, then when I change Program I can play other ten different samples with same foot pedals. Clear?
:popcorn: