Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By the.dude Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:56 pm
hey there,

I thought I backed up what was on the CF card that came with my MPC but as it turns out some .pgm's got corrupt and not all the samples made it in the transfer. Damn akai for making the usb so shitty on their machines!

Can anyone point me to a download of the original content.

To be clear I'm not talking about the internal factory presets available on their site. I'm talking about the CF card that came with the mpc500.

Cheers,
dude
By DPM Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:25 pm
someone had this same problem and i believe another member gave a download link. i dont remember who it was, but you may find it if you search the "MPC 500" threads for library sounds or stock sounds
By detonating Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:45 pm
the.dude wrote:yeah dude… hooks me up por favor

I'm uploading it right now to Rapidshare & Megaupload. Will post links soon when they're done.
Last edited by detonating on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By detonating Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:36 pm
poundaproblem wrote:I thought you could get that from the Akai site, am I wrong?

Nope, you can't download the sound library, just the following:

Manuals & Documentation
MPC500 - Product Overview
MPC500 - QuickStart Guide
MPC500 - Reference Manual [rev. C]
MPC500 - Parameter Map
MPC Series Product Comparison Guide [v2.1]
Article - MPC Syncronization Guide

Software & Drivers
MPC500 - OS Version [1.31]
MPC500 - Release Notes [1.31]

Right off of http://www.akaipro.com/mpc500/?tt=5; this is the URL for the MPC500 support page.
By the.dude Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:03 pm
You are a king!!!

I'm uploading the entire drum bank of the korg em-1 as a thank you. I'll report back when it is up. Megaupload is taking forever.
By the.dude Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:16 pm
NearTao wrote:Sample some of your own sounds man! :O)

True!!!

But I like to have some Rompler soundbanks sitting around. The Obie DX sounds that came on the CF card gets used all the time, although I re-arranged everything so that I'm more comfortable playing it.

I sampled the em-1 before I got rid of it. Not a fan of step sequencing, I'd always try to play it like an mpc. It is not an mpc at all, it became annoying to work with.

I think it's part of my workflow, I go to rompler soundbanks for basic drums and sample for everything else.

On the rare occasions that I do tracking for a band I always ask the drummer to play me a few loops to a click. I have yet to use any of them. Its more fun to mash away at the pads.
By NearTao Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:44 pm
the.dude wrote:I sampled the em-1 before I got rid of it. Not a fan of step sequencing, I'd always try to play it like an mpc. It is not an mpc at all, it became annoying to work with.

Same reason I got rid of my EMX/ESX. Course at the time I thought that the MPC was overkill.

Now I love the 500. I still use my 1k, but I think if I had to part with one I'm probably try and keep the 500.
By the.dude Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 am
NearTao wrote:
the.dude wrote:I sampled the em-1 before I got rid of it. Not a fan of step sequencing, I'd always try to play it like an mpc. It is not an mpc at all, it became annoying to work with.

Same reason I got rid of my EMX/ESX. Course at the time I thought that the MPC was overkill.

Now I love the 500. I still use my 1k, but I think if I had to part with one I'm probably try and keep the 500.

Was the EMX sound bank the same as the em-1? I should really find a shop where I can just rent drum machines and sample them. :D