Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:25 am
Here are my easter eggs :D

LOOP WITHOUT HOLDING PAD - In Trim Mode, set the sample LOOP to ON, then adjust your Start and End points until your sample is perfect. Now go to the Main page hitting SEQUENCE and hold SHIFT then the pad with the sample. Voila, your sample loops without hands. You can do this to multiple samples and layer loops without overdub.

STOP LONG CONTINUOUS PLAYING SAMPLES - Hold SHIFT and hit STOP.

ADJUST EACH NUMERIC VALUE FOR START AND END POINTS Hold SHIFT and press the cursor buttons left or right.

DIRECT RECORDING - Have a sequence ready. Go to RECORD Mode to prepare to sample. Now just hit PLAY. You'll be able to sample while the sequence is playing. The sequence, nor the sample, will be affected by each other. This is ideal when laying vocals or synth work over your sequence or when you want to sync an external source like vinyl or CDs on time with your sequence.

TIMESTRETCH TRICK - 1) Trim a perfect sample in Trim Mode. Take that sample and assign it to a pad with Program Mode. Now record that sample into an empty sequence. During OVERDUB, adjust the BPMs until the metronome is syncing on time with your sample. When its perfect, check the BPM number you have, for example lets say 89bpm. Now go to Trim Mode and go to TIMESTRETCH and input the new bpm where it says NEW, which is 89. 2) Now that you got the BPM of your sample, if the sequence is 102bpm and you need the sample to stretch that far, simply go to Trim Mode and input 102bpm. Done.
Last edited by Ill-Green on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:47 pm
OriginalProducer wrote:RTFM :lol:
nope i don't know any hidden function :oops:
thanks for the tips 8)

:lol: :lol:

Thats the mystery; that these functions are not in the manual.

BTW, forgot to mention that, these were discovered using OS 1.13 to 1.31. I don't know about the earlier OS but everyone should have 1.31 by now :P
By Ill-Green Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:00 am
Just turn it on and it and it should say on the screen as it loads up.

OR

Go to OTHER Mode and check there.

These tricks work on any OS except 1.0
By Ill-Green Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:42 am
I'm rereading my instructions, maybe a little confusing.

You have your sample trimmed right? And the Loop (also in TRIM MODE) is ON right?

Hold the pad with the sample you want to loop and hold the SHIFT key, let the sample play all the way through before releasing the pad and shift.

But yeah, it can take a few trys before getting the hang of it.
By Sm0keydaBear Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:55 am
I'm trying this also but for some reason I cannot get it to work. I have 1.31 and it does not want to trigger the sample if I press it after holding the shift button. Also, pressing the pad and then holding shift and letting go of shift isn't looping it. Anything I need to know about? Loop is on, sample is trimmed.
By Reefer Mutherland Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 am
Good look sensei ill green its definitely workin now one more question why whn I take my sample 2 sequence mode it sound like its draggin,way slowed down like?.......oh an any other useful knowledge u willing 2 bestow on the kid
By Ill-Green Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:16 am
Reefer Mutherland wrote:Good look sensei ill green its definitely workin now one more question why whn I take my sample 2 sequence mode it sound like its draggin,way slowed down like?.......oh an any other useful knowledge u willing 2 bestow on the kid

Gotta go into Program mode to adjust samples. Trim Mode is where you dress up your samples, but Program Mode is where they perform on stage. Since you are the director, you control how you want them to act and thats in Program, capeesh?

Last advice, get to know Mute Groups and read that manual, its the only way to receive your black belt :lol:
By inflict3 Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:09 am
:smoker: