Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By jonise Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:33 pm
Hi guys.

I recently bought a mpc500 and I got two flashcards with it. One 128 mb and one 4 gb. Whenever I start the mpc with the one of the cards in it, it doesnt seem to work, it just freezes. It doesnt matter wich card I use, it just doesnt respond. If i put the card in while the mpc is on it freezes all the same. So I really dont know what to do, because without a working card I cant save anything.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Is the cardreader broken or do I have to update the mpc or something like that?
Do i have to format the flashcard?

much obliged/jonis
By jonise Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:42 pm
thanks... I can see one of the pins clearly really bent.. Got any tips for me how to handle this?
By Lampdog Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:15 pm
The mpc is a slave device. You cannot use an ext usb cf reader cause that would be another slave device. Won't work. Follow advice above.
By SimonInAustralia Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:26 pm
jonise wrote:Are u sure thats the part i need? because i thought of this one when i googled around a little.

Yes, that is this part of my reply...
SimonInAustralia wrote:Some people find a cheap CF socket, desolder a good pin, and use that to replace the bent pin, but that probably requires good soldering skills.

Some people have taken just one of the pins from your photo, delsoldered the bent pin from the MPC card reader, and soldered in a single replacement pin.

You could also replace the whole socket, as in the whole part in the photo you posted. Though, you would need some decent soldering skills, or to find someone with them.

The whole PCB replcement option is for those who can not desolder/solder well enough to replace the socket, or a single pin from the socket, on the MPC5000 CF PCB.
By Manuel Pedro Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:57 pm
Hello, I'm new here!

Yesterday, due to my carelessness, I was not careful when inserting the CF card and when I realized it already had 3 bent pins, I tried to remove the CF board but the mainboard is stuck next to the rear jacks, can someone give me some tips on how I can remove the mainboard without damage?

I even tried to straighten the pins and when inserting the CF card, the MPC 500 manages to read some files but it doesn't read folders with the projects, I can't format the CF and connecting it via USB to a PC, the PC doesn't recognize any CF card.

Thank you in advance.