Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By cthulu nation Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:30 pm
hi all

just getting started with mpcs. id like to use it mainly as a midi sequencer. ive been able to record some midi data, but wondering about importing midi files - any tips on the best ways to do that?

thanks in advance
By cthulu nation Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:00 pm
from the webmaster himself - thanks, it worked great.. now i just have to figure out how to assign sequences to pads - is that possible? i am reading the f•cking manual ;) but any quick tips would be appreciated.
By cthulu nation Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:48 am
ok - thanks - now i can stop scouring the manual for that info ;) the muting system should work fine - reminds me a bit of my old alesis mmt 8 :smoker:
By Ill-Green Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:09 pm
No sequence to a pad but you can resample a sequence to a pad and use mute groups for real time switching.
By cthulu nation Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:57 pm
ill - you mean resample the midi to audio? im looking to just use the mpc for midi and be able to tweak synths in a live set. but thanks for the answer.
By Stuad70 Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:10 am
My 1st post and a newbie to MPC so excuse any ignorance on my part but I am trying to work out how to import midi files to MPC Beats.. Win10 x64 ?

I appreciate the limitations of 8 midi tracks for the free version but I'm still struggling to import midi and assign sounds be it samples or vsts.

I have popped my midi files into the C:\Program Files\Akai Pro\MPC Beats\Arp Patterns folder and MPC Beats recognises the files..

Is there a 3rd party convertor software I am missing ?

Cheers Stuad70