Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By galingong Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:57 pm
HI!

New owner here, but this thing is already driving me nuts. Usually I figure everything out in minutes, but this is giving me a hard time. I already (somewhat) understand the basics, but I can't find out, how to save general setting (i.e. MIDI/SYNC, OTHER, RECORD settings). No matter what I try to save (sequence, program, etc.), these settings always reset at startup.

Where can I save these?

Thanks, cheers!
By Lampdog Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:57 pm
Aiight, I don’t have a 500, but, on the 500, same as 2kxl, there is AUTOLOAD. In it it has pgm, asp, all, seq, mid all the supported filetypes. They are autoloaded when powered on. Change that name to maybe “og a-load” and it will bot load automagically. You can then make your own “AUTOLOAD” folder and put whatever you want to load up when powered on. Create what you want in that folder and it will autoload.
By galingong Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 pm
Thanks, nice to know, useful feature. Any software editor you could recommend maybe for editing said file types? (Win10 x64)
In the meantime it turned out, that it was a bug, and after I installed the newest firmware, the default MIDI note assignment got saved as well.