Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By squiremusicstuff Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:37 pm
Okay, so when I make sequences with a 4/4 time signature, they stay that way. Then, if I sequence my sequences in Song Mode, convert the song to a sequence and listen, the time signature for each bar inside the song sequence is seemingly randomized, 5/4, 2/2, that sort of stuff.

My MPC has never been dropped or exposed to extreme heat or cold, if that is a factor. I have taken very good care of it and it has a 128MB RAM upgrade.

Any ideas on what to do? If I must elaborate, let me know and I will respond as soon as possible. I'm young and don't have a source of income currently, so I don't want to lose this thing.
By Sharris Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:07 pm
The time signature can be adjusted for each bar in each sequence. When in sequence mode, press params, scroll to time signature & make sure each bar of the sequence has a 4/4 time sig.

When you listen to the song prior to converting it to 1 long sequence does it sound ok?

Did you check all options when creating the song?

I wish I could be of more help, but I don't use song mode. It's possible you are missing a step when creating the song or long sequence.....but it's also possible that your 500 is wackin out. Mine wacks out all the time, especially if I push it too hard. Still love it tho.
By squiremusicstuff Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:43 am
Here are your answers, sorry for the late reply.

1: I've started making sure all bars in all sequences are 4/4. They always are, but everything plays out of order, in a different time signature, etc.

2: Yes, everything sounds fine before using Song to Sequence.

3: Yes, all options are default. I've tried not to change anything default either out of fear of messing everything up, haha.

It seems as if it's completely random what sequence it happens on too, but I'm concerned about what you said about it "wacking out if you press it too hard." I always finger drum to brainstorm before sequencing everything, but on the 500 the factory pads are rock hard. Is hitting it too hard a problem? I'm obviously not hitting it with a hammer, but would not finger drumming too hard fix my issue?
Thanks for your reply.