Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By lamalta129 Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:15 pm
I might just be having a dumb moment but I’m having difficulty understanding what this setting does in the Other options mode and the manual just has me confused.

Does this only apply to note on type pads and samples?

I even looked up what it says for other MPCs. The best assumption I have is this applys to note on type pads but I wanted to confirm with somebody.
By Sharris Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:06 pm
What are the options?

is it something along the lines of -
as played/ seq end/ seq length and mute/stop of one-shot sample : immediate/ through

I don't have the 500 in front of me & couldn't find the info in the manual, but I did a search & the above info is what is showing as options on the 1000 under truncate duration.

If it's anything like the 1000, which I bet it is, it has to do with how samples play when a sequence ends, if you want the sample to continue playing for example (or when you press mute, do you want the sample to cut off or continue playing). I like to allow the sample to continue playing while using mutes sometimes, that way you don't get that cut off sound (like if you hit mute, but not in time & it cuts off the snare in the middle of it playing, you can change this, so the sound continues, then it mutes immediately after the sound).

So yea, I think you're right, it should have to do with how the 500 handles 1 shot samples.