Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By nevadinova Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 pm
So, I use the MPC500 as my Master Clock and Sequencer for several pieces of gear.

Everything is being sequenced by the MPC and it works like a charm.

However, whenever I want to record my sequences I set it as slave and trigger it from logic. Everything is normal, except that the synths that are sequenced by the MPC 500 won't recieve the MIDI Clock anymore.

It seems like the MPC500 won't let the clock through and only sends clock signals as master.

Is this true - has anyone experienced the same?

It's a weird bug/problem because it makes recording such a hustle. I have a lot of arp/synth internal sequences that need the clock... :(

Oh MPC 500, you never fail to dumbfound me...
By DjDiskmachine Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:44 pm
nevadinova wrote:Yep, it send everything but the MIDI Clock Signal...isn't that weird?

Ah yes, right that's by design unfortunately. Forgot about that bizarre design choice they've made.
I'd recommend using a MIDI splitter of some sort to send clock parallelly to the MPC and the other units. :Sigh:
By nevadinova Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:46 am
That's absolutely nuts :Sigh:
I have to split the external clock signal before it goes into the MPC and then merge the it back again with the output (MIDI Notes etc) of the MPC...that should work, right?
Thanks for the answers! It's sometimes hard to get your head around this machine