Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Crumb$ Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:24 pm
Yo Yo and Merry Christmas to everyone....

Quick question about the 500. I still don't own one so this is for a friend.

He's been using the Q-link slider to change the pitch of a sample but realised that when he backs out of that menu he looses that setting. Is it possible to save that change to the sample or is it only for live adjustment? Do you have to do it from the program menu to save it?

Thanks!
By Crumb$ Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:37 pm
Lampdog wrote:https://www.mpc-tutor.com/files/mpc-manual/mpc500_manual_131.pdf

Pg57+58.

Thanks. I already read that part and it didn't really answer my question. It seems that if you are in the Q link menu and you make a change to the pitch, then exit that menu, you loose that change. I wondered if you could save the pitch change or if you can ONLY do it from the program menu....
By Lampdog Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:56 am
On the 4k the change is not physically saved to sample, you’d have to save program.
When you load the program again it’s there applied to the sample again. Q-links don’t physically change the sample data, it’s a parameter change.

As for when you exit the menu that doesn’t sound right. You should be able somehow to setup a q-link and then go on to use that q-link in other modes/screens.
By Crumb$ Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:09 pm
Lampdog wrote:

As for when you exit the menu that doesn’t sound right. You should be able somehow to setup a q-link and then go on to use that q-link in other modes/screens.

Thats what I thought. I need to get round his place and take a look at it. Thanks for the info!
By Lampdog Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:47 pm
When you do get a chance to check it out more closely, come back and post up the problem on the forum, maybe someone who has a 500 or has seen that problem before can answer up. Sorry I don’t have exact 500 info to offer.
By NearTao Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:22 pm
If you want to record the q-link information to the track then yeah... just record the slider position/movement into your track and it will hold for that track.

If you want to have the q-link change save back to the program pitch settings... it doesn't work that way :/