Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By AgiFteDmIsFiT Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:21 pm
Sup people,

Need some help.

I recently purchased a used MPC 500 with the original 1.13 firmware for the OS. No issues at all it worked great, save a few glichy bugs. I decided to upgrade the firmware to 1.31 cuz I assumed new firmware = better experience.

Since installing 1.31 OS I've ran into one major bug that pretty much broke the unit.

After assigning a few samples to a few pads, and attempting to live sequence record, the unit will either speed up with an off-time sequence while recording, or worse when I press stop it will not stop recording - it lags extremely slow... like there's a processing issue; playing the samples that I hit back but at like X 20 slower than I pressed them. It will sometimes switch from record to overdub randomly during this but I can never stop the sequence and it pretty much just fails.

I've scoured the internet and forums for a fix to this, and I'm pretty sure I've hit every link the internet has but with no answer.

Does anyone have a fix for this, or have a copy of any OS before 1.30?

Good lookin out - I don't want to have to f*****g shelf this thing.

Keep reading below to see my troubleshooting steps:

1. Try to install OS 1.30 and OS 1.31, both had the same issue.

2. Removed the 128 RAM upgrade and did the same steps

3. Ran into the same problem as other people as far as not being able to reinitialize the unit ( holding erase button while turning on etc from the manual) which did nothing. But I did find a forum that showed how to save your programs and samples to the internal memory and turn the power off exactly at 100% which erases the internal memory - basically to reinitialize I'm assuming

* the issue I described above happened before I did #3 so it's not the cause

4. Made sure to format CF card before and after each step of the process

5. Removed all other folders and files from the root folder when updating the OS, and removed the .bin file after the update

6. Make sure all samples were the correct bitrate Etc

7. Make sure all file names were without special characters and short.

8. Tried adding only three samples to the root folder and it would still freeze when recording a sequence.