Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Levulz2it Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:03 pm
can you record track mute?

For instance I make a 8 bar sequence with all the tracks I want in the same sequence. can I go into song mode, set the seq to repeat say 2 times and use the track mute function during playback? Will it record differently for each sequence? Or would it just just record what i do for the sequence once and repeat it?
By Menco Fri May 01, 2020 8:04 am
Levulz2it wrote:can you record track mute?

For instance I make a 8 bar sequence with all the tracks I want in the same sequence. can I go into song mode, set the seq to repeat say 2 times and use the track mute function during playback? Will it record differently for each sequence? Or would it just just record what i do for the sequence once and repeat it?

The track mutes or not recordable unfortunately. Make multiple copies of the sequence, and delete one of the tracks on each one. String those together according to your written arrangement in song mode.
By Levulz2it Sat May 02, 2020 12:27 pm
Yup, got the 500 in the mail. Figured that out lol for some reason when I kept looking at the forum it showed I was the last one that replied? Weird. If you record externally (into a daw for instance) you can use track mute, I tried that out, just wrote down what each of my tracks were ( A1=kick, A2=snare, etc) on a piece of paper then used the track mute to record a whole song into the daw from one sequence. Just FYI in case someone reads this a year from now and didn't read the manual about how to "song mode" like I didn't lol
By Menco Sat May 02, 2020 2:09 pm
That's also an option. With the MPC's there are lot of times multiple ways to get something done.