Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By OutsiMusic Mon May 11, 2020 3:06 pm
My MPC500 suddenly no longer works with my power supply and only works with batteries. I would prefer to use the power supply so I ordered a new one on amazon. Unfortunately, it still didn’t work .

Specs of original power supply: Input: 230v 50Hz 150mA
Output: 12V 600mA 7.2VA

Specs of new power supply: Input: 100-240V 50Hz 0.8A
Output: 12V 1250mA

I hope there’s not a problem with the MPC internally and it’s something to do with the actual cable.

All replies are appreciated :worthy:
By Alan The Meat Baker Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:35 pm
Hi there, i am sorry to say that I have encountered the same problem.
Batteries work absolutely fine inside my mpc but they don't seem to last very long and i was looking to charge the Mpc using a 12 V usb rip-cord with a power bank. Initially this worked completely fine but after a couple of days the Mpc would only charge if the cable was at a certain angle. And now it wont charge at all using the power supply. I guess my question would be the same, how do i tell if its a problem with the internal power mechanisms inside the mpc or with the cable? I have a suspicion it is a problem with the mpc because I'm sure the cable is fine. ( I even opened the 500 up but I couldnt get to the power because it looks like its behind a motherboard that is fixed in place.) :cry:
Thanks for listening.
Pls help us :lol:
By Menco Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:03 pm
Encountered the same problem. Tried the adapter with other equipment, which worked fine. Tried another working adapter with the MPC without any results. With that I came to the conclusion it must be the AD/DC port. Only solution would be to replace that port or just invest in some decent batteries.
By JUKE 179r Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:30 am
Menco wrote:.... Only solution would be to replace that port or just invest in some decent rechargeable batteries.

:smoker:
By Alan The Meat Baker Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:45 am
Menco wrote:Encountered the same problem. Tried the adapter with other equipment, which worked fine. Tried another working adapter with the MPC without any results. With that I came to the conclusion it must be the AD/DC port. Only solution would be to replace that port or just invest in some decent batteries.

Okay. Thanks for the help :)
Do you know how easy it would be to replace the port as when i open up the MPC it seems impossible to access.
Thanks again.